Meetup Phoenix, Arizona January 15, 2022

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Phoenix, Arizona
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Greater Phoenix Postcard & Paper Show. North Phoenix Baptist Church Fellowship Center, 5757 North Central, Phoenix
:calendar: DATE: January 15, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 10 am
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:
Hi all,
I am planning a meetup to occur at the Greater Phoenix Postcard and Paper Show. The entrance fee for the show is $5 per day. SHOW AN OUT OF STATE DRIVERS LICENSE AND GET FREE ADMISSION (after 10 AM)

Meet-up postcards will be available for you to autograph and send to your friends and yourself.

The show is two days, but the meet-up will be on Saturday.

There will be snacks available but please bring your own drink.

Bring your friends and see what a Postcard Show is all about. email me for more details at ezrestexas@aol.com more information is below. If you wish to receive a postcard from the meetup please email your mailing address to email above or message ezredax on postcrossing.com

I look forward to meeting you there.

Demaris Swint
ezredax

More info.
What are we going to be doing?

• Spend the time getting to know our fellow postcrossers
    Share our postcrossing experiences/stories
    Postcard swapping
    Sign designed postcrossing meet-up cards
    and of course…write as many cards as we can to send out to the world!

What should I bring? (not mandatory, just some suggestions)

Rubber Stamp or something similar to autograph the meetup postcards. Pens, markers, stickers, washi tape, decorative stamps etc. (anything you like to write or decorate cards with)
list of addresses to send too.
Postage stamps (so we can mail as many cards as we can!) I will have some to use to send meetup postcards
Postcards to trade/swap
Postcards you would like to send out at this meetup
Postcards you want to show off - maybe something you received or like to send
A smartphone/iPad/tablet for connecting to postcrossing.com
The ultimate goal of this meetup is to share our collective joy of postcrossing, to make good, positive, and wholesome connections with another human beings, and to spread that positivity and happiness to our fellow postcrossers across the globe!

7 Likes

YAY! i will be there!!!

I’m gonna try and drive up. Putting it in the books now.

Is this meeting still on? I’d like to go and want more information since this will be my first meet up.

HI, This meetup is still on. I will have meetup postcards for you to autograph and mail. How many you receive will be determined by how many people attend. I am making 500. At our last meetup two years ago we had 43.

You should bring your own drink. There will be snacks available. Also, a pen or rubber stamp with your name or postcrossing ID on it. And some addresses of those you wish to send too. You will also be sending one to yourself. We will be exchanging ideas and information about Postcrossing membership and our own statistics. And just about anything else.

If you have more specific questions, please ask.
Demaris

Hi David,

I have been doing and attending meetups for a few years. I have meet many Postcrossers and add them to my list of those who collect meetup postcards. Many are from other countries who have attended a meetup in the US.

At my meetups I supply the meetup postcards for every attendee to autograph. Then I divide the up according to how many attend. For the Phoenix I am making 500 postcards as last time we met there were 43 attendees.I am thinking of having a meetup in Buena Park Postcard Show in January. Just haven’t ironed out the plans at yet. I live in South Texas.

My sister lives in Mesa, Arizona so I visit her at the same time as the Phoenix show. The show in Buena Park is January 21 and 22. If I have a meetup it will be on the 22th.

I have been collecting postcards for over 60 years so have many duplicates to trade. I have a box of postcards of various topics that I use for sending to those names I receive on Postcrossing. Some I have had printed with photos of local places, my farm or interesting events.

I am the advocate for National Postcards Week, which is the first full week of May.

If you have more questions, please feel free to ask.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

1 Like

I put it in my calendar. Looking forward to this!

1 Like

HI,

I look forward to seeing you.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

I will be in Arizona during this meeting. I live in Nebraska. I will be there and am excited about attending.

1 Like

HI,

Be sure to have your license handy. It will be free for you to enter. I look forward to meeting you.
Demaris

1 Like

Is this an outdoor event?

Will we be meeting at a set time or just throughout the event time?

Is there anything special people are in the look out for? I’ll be traveling so wanted to be prepared if I can.

Unfortunately I won’t be coming. I hope to come to a meetup another time. :crossed_fingers:t2:

How did everything go today?

hello demaris,
today, your postcard arrived today. i am sorry that i could not attend - but the omicron virus is way out of control over here. keep hearing that another friends catching it. i do hope the event went great! and thank you again for the postcard.

1 Like

I didn’t go to the Phoenix meetup hosted by Demaris, but I went to her California meetup in Orange County. She had extras of the Phoenix meet up card. If anyone was curious it looked like this.

2 Likes

Wow, bummed that I missed this one! Here’s hoping for another Phoenix area meetup later in the year. :slight_smile:

Hi,

At the moment I am planning a meetup in January. Just waiting comfirmation of the dates. It is usually the third weekend.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

1 Like

Any meet-ups in Arizona in 2023?

Hi,

Check the forum for meetups. I had one in January in Phoenix. And won’t have another until 2024.

There is an Arizona Snail Mail Society. I will try to contact them for more information.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris