Meetup - Limoges, France - Monday, 9 septembre 2024

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Limoges, FR
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Les Allois - 2 RUE DES ALLOIS, 87000 LIMOGES
:calendar: DATE: Monday, 9 septembre 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 18h00 Central European Summer Time (heure d’été d’Europe centrale, UTC+02:00)
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

I am from the US and will be in France for a brief time, so am organizing a Meetup while in Limoges. We will meet at my hotel and walk to a nearby cafe or restaurant to eat, laugh, share stories, sign cards. 10 free cards (photographed and designed by dear @blikvanger) for each attendee!

Please RSVP by commenting below so we will bring enough cards and have enough seats at the table.

1. @TwasBrillig
    2 @dams87
    3 @-Auvergne-Adventure- (2)
    4 @zaza19
    5 @mapcardcollector
    6 @MesseDomy

Hope to see you there!

And - apologies! - but all correspondence regarding this Meetup needs to be in English because my French may not be up to the task.

14 Likes

Bonjour, chers/chères Postcrossers!
Je serais très intéressée à échanger la jolie carte.
Mes offres :

Bon meetup et merci d’avance.

1 Like

Hi, would be there too :slight_smile: @dams87

1 Like

Hi, we would love to attend too.
Can we order extra meetup cards on top of the 10 free ones ? What would they cost if we order an extra 75 ?
Leo & Jonny

1 Like

I’d love to attend too

1 Like

I will be in France then, too, so I would be happy to join you.

1 Like

Hello. I never was in a Postcrossing Meeting. I enjoy to be joining you in Limoges

1 Like

Meetups can be a lot of fun!

We will meet and walk to the restaurant where we can order food and drinks, we can share stories about Postcrossing and postcards and ourselves, and we can sign postcards!

I am bringing 10 cards for each Postcrosser and at most Postcrossing Meetups everyone signs all the cards - some people bring a stamp and ink with their username on it which is easier than signing - and sometimes people bring cards to swap - nice cards but maybe they are tired of them, or have too many.

Looking forward to seeing you all in September!

1 Like

Good morning,
thank you for your reply. I’m very happy to be attending this very first meeting for me.
If I’ve understood correctly, we’ll each have 10 cards, but if we want more, is it possible to buy some and at what price please?
I suppose we’ll have to let you know in advance?
And do you pay for them in advance or on the spot?
Thank you for your answers,
with kind regards

Bonjour Nancy, I’m interested to swap that funny meetup card. I hope, there is anyone of the participant, who likes to swap with me.

Best wishes,
Christian

1 Like

Note to those who want to buy extra cards - I will have a few extras that I will bring with me depending on if there are additional Postcrossers who sign up at the last minute. I will offer them to you at my cost.

Perhaps you could address each of them by editing your previous post

Hallo Christian,
ich bin ganz neue Postcrossing Mietgliederin und es ist meine allererste Treffen. Ich habe leider keine Karte zu umtauschen, da ich noch keine habe.
Deine finde ich sehr sehr interessant.
Kommst Du nach Limoges, zu dieser Treffen vom 9ten September ?
Oder sonst, können wir gern per Post die tauschen, ich bin ja interessiert
Dominique

Hallo Dominique,
ganz lieben Dank für deine Nachricht und herzlich willkommen bei Postcrossing. :smiley:
Ich bin in Limoges leider nicht dabei, aber wenn du bei diesem Meetup bist und dann eine Karte hast, können wir sehr gern tauschen. Ich habe jetzt am Samstag mein erstes selbstorganisiertes Treffen. Wenn du mir deine Adresse schreibst, schicke ich dir nächste Woche eine Karte vom Treffen.
Liebe Grüße, Christian

1 Like

Hello to all of you who are planning to attend the Meetup on Monday, 9 septembre! I am getting things organized for my trip to la belle France and want to take this opportunity to clarify the event.

@dams87
@-Auvergne-Adventure-
@zaza19
@mapcardcollector
@MesseDomy

You can meet either

• at my hotel at 1820 - 1830 (6:20 - 6:30 pm) at The Allois - 2 rue des allois - 87000 Limoges and walk half a km with me to the restaurant
  • or meet with us at 1845 (6:45 pm) at the restaurant Le Bistrot Jourdan - 2 Cours Jourdan, Limoges, 87000
    Le Bistrot Jourdan is a nice brasserie-style restaurant. @dams87 has been there and suggests it for us. Feel free to look in advance at the menu at https://www.le-bistrot-jourdan-restaurant-87.fr/
  • Each person is responsible for their own food, drinks, etc. Each person should expect to buy at least one drink or some food as a courtesy to the restaurant for allowing us to meet there :clinking_glasses:
  • I will bring 10 free Meetup cards for each person. There will be some extra, the number depending on if there are additional people that RSVP at the last minute or if any of the above people is not able to attend. I will offer them at my cost (roughly 1.1 euros each - you can pay me back in cash or pay some or all of my restaurant bill! or Venmo if that works in France)
  • Feel free to bring other surplus cards to gift or trade - but if someone brings massive numbers of cards and nobody wants them, you will have to take them back home yourself (I am not weighing my suitcase down with excess cards and bringing them to the US!). Sorry, this has happened a few times at Meetups in the US and the fun idea of freely trading cards turns into a dreary chore for the host to get rid of dumped cards. Much better to keep it fun for all!
  • Bring pens, ink pads and personalized rubber stamps or stickers if you like. Some people love to have everyone signing cards at Meetups while others prefer to focus on people / food / sharing stories. So here, it will be do what you wish.
  • The brasserie closes at 2300 (11 pm) - I will probably fade before then but people can stay that long if they like

Looking forward to meeting you all on September 9!

1 Like

Hi
I will be late for the meetup. I have just had this school year’s timetable, and I work until 6 on Mondays. As it takes 1 hour to drive to Limoges don’t expect me before 7ish.
Izzy

Looking forward to seeing you whenever you can get there! Just come straight to the restaurant and find us there, Safe travels to you, @zaza19!

Hello) Is it possible to exchange this postcard with someone later? I am from Russia and collect cows and would be happy to have such a postcard in my collection.

1 Like

@TwasBrillig @dams87 @-Auvergne-Adventure- @zaza19 @mapcardcollector @MesseDomy

Hello) Is it possible to exchange this postcard with someone later? I am from Russia and collect cows and would be happy to have such a postcard in my collection. Thank you!

My albums:

Hi.
I would like to receive your postcard. Here is my offer https://postcards.framework.by/ Thank you.

1 Like