Meetup Jan 22, 2022 Buena Park, California

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Buena Park, California
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Holiday Inn, 7000 Beach Blvd.
:calendar: DATE: January 22, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 10 am
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:
Hi all,
I am planning a meetup to occur at the Greater California Postcard, Movie & Paper Show. The entrance fee for the show is $5 per day. SHOW AN OUT OF STATE DRIVERS LICENSE AND GET FREE ADMISSION (after 10 AM) Also, let the person at the door know you are attending a Postcrossing Meetup. You entrance is free.

Meet-up postcards will be available for you to autograph and send to your friends and yourself.

The show is two days, but the meet-up will be on Saturday.

There will be snacks available but please bring your own drink.

Bring your friends and see what a Postcard Show is all about. email me for more details at [ezrestexas@aol.com] more information is below. If you wish to receive a postcard from the meetup please email your mailing address to email above or message ezredax on postcrossing.com

I look forward to meeting you there.

Demaris Swint
ezredax

More info.
What are we going to be doing?

• Spend the time getting to know our fellow postcrossers
    Share our postcrossing experiences/stories
    Postcard swapping
    Sign designed postcrossing meet-up cards
    and of course…write as many cards as we can to send out to the world!

What should I bring? (not mandatory, just some suggestions)

Rubber Stamp or something similar to autograph the meetup postcards. Pens, markers, stickers, washi tape, decorative stamps etc. (anything you like to write or decorate cards with)
list of addresses to send too.
Postage stamps (so we can mail as many cards as we can!) I will have some to use to send meetup postcards
Postcards to trade/swap
Postcards you would like to send out at this meetup
Postcards you want to show off - maybe something you received or like to send
A smartphone/iPad/tablet for connecting to postcrossing.com
The ultimate goal of this meetup is to share our collective joy of postcrossing, to make good, positive, and wholesome connections with another human beings, and to spread that positivity and happiness to our fellow postcrossers across the globe!

5 Likes

Just joined Postcrossing in the end of April… been waiting for an LA area meetup. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

HI,

I look forward to meeting you.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

2 Likes

I am interested in attending!

1 Like

Hi

I look forward to meeting you. It is always fun to meet other postcrossers.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

1 Like

I’m also interested in attending. This will be my first meet up. Will there be items for purchase?

HI,

I look forward to meeting you. I do not have things for sale. There will be dealers around the room who will have postcards for sale.

This is my first meetup in California so don’t know which dealers will be there.

Happy Postcrossing,
Demaris

1 Like

I may have to bow out this time around. Omicron is still spreading. I’ll wait for another time. Have fun and Be safe.

Don’t count yourself out yet Maria. You may have already had Omicron and recovered by the time it’s the 22nd. I had it in mid-December and in a zoom group tonight, 5 out of 18 of us had it. A friend just got it and he only uses N95 masks. Luckily it’s mild for everyone I talk to.

1 Like

Have a great meetup! When I can travel again I would love to attend a meetup in California

1 Like

I hope to be able to make this. Just saw it today

I look forward to seeing you

I’m so glad I checked! Just in time! See you all there!

I look forward to seeing you Demaris

Bad luck. I am unable to attend. And I live so close. Promises to keep. Have fun. I have sent you an email requesting a card. Please add me to your meetup list. -gmansocal.

Sorry you will not be able to make it. I will send you a meetup card . Demaris

Hello Demaris I will be at the show tomorrow. Is it possible to join your meet up

I went. Meetup started at 10am.

Meet up over. I left at 3pm. It was pretty neat. Small group of people.

Thank you Demaris for organizing it.

And her sister Elaine.

Thank you for being gracious hosts. I enjoyed hearing your stories and tales.

And the meetup card.

Who wants one? We have a lot.

Very fun time indeed.

4 Likes

Great photos @princeofasturias !

Yes, thanks so much for setting up this meetup and so generously making and sharing cards @ezredax .

After almost 2 years spent mostly in my house, it was just so nice to spend a couple hours meeting new people who have this hobby in common with me and learning more about all of you. I hope this is just the first of many future LA area meetups and that I will see you all again someday.

Til then, take care and happy Postcrossing!
Heather

Thank you. There are times when I read the announcements for meet ups. And often wonder w
What happened at the meet up and what did the card look like. So I figured take pictures. Lol

1 Like