Meetup in Rapallo (Liguria) on Saturday 9th April 2022

:world_map: CITY/REGION: rapallo (liguria), italy
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: rapallo railway station, main entry
:calendar: DATE: 9th april 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 10-17
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: we will meet at the main entry of rapallo railway station at 10-10,30 (it depends on the trains) and then laura @lallpall will take us for a walk to discover her city that hosted the treaty of rapallo in 1922 :smile:
greenpass is necessary :warning: for the restaurant nota bene in corso italia, 31 where we will have lunch and sign tons of postcards :smile:
maybe the tour will go on in the afternoon if there’s some time left after signing the postcards and before taking our trains back :smile:

Treaty of Rapallo (1922) - Wikipedia.

@lallpall and @Iside82 created the meetup postcard celebrating the 100th anniversary of this treaty :smile:
we are ready to swap :smile: just ask if you cannot join us in rapallo :smile:
italy can send again to russia :heart_eyes:

this is the restaurant (near the railway station) where we will have lunch, starting at 12,30:

4 Likes

Can Italy send to Cyprus? I would be interested to know more about Rapallo so yes I am interested for your meet up card. If you can use any 2022 stamp like Beppe Fenoglio or Tina Modotti I will be very grateful.

3 Likes

hello prodromos :smile: no problem for cyprus :smile: i will put you on my list and try to find those stamps

Hi! Great! I’ll be there, thanks! :blush:

3 Likes

Important history and also many famous writers spent time in Rapallo. Sibelius started his Second Symphony there.

4 Likes

Sounds interesting! I’ll try to come.

4 Likes

I will partecipate to this meet up, so if someone want to swap this meet up card vs other meetup cards please contact me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I will be glad to exchange. :star_struck: My exchanger:
Ой!

1 Like

I PM you

1 Like

Hola! Greetings from Spain! Unfortunately we will not be able to participate in the event, but we would love to have direct swap with you. How can we do it?

2 Likes

Hello @SpanishTopos ! I can send you a card from the meetup :slight_smile:
Sending a PM

Thanks To all :heart::it::heart::it:

2 Likes

Molto grazie, danke sehr, thank you a lot, @stefbot75 and all who signed the card that came to me yesterday.
Hope you had a good time, spero that I can join one of the IT meetings un giorno futuro.
Of course you’re invited to Innsbruck meetings (and the other AT ones) too all the time.

PS1: hope you don’t see my very basic Italian with my mistakes not as an insult, but as admiration.
PS2: around the anniversary, I’ve read an article about the treaty. There are some historians who draw a strong line between the treaty and the following pacts that brought so much pain over central Europe in the 1930s/1940s, with some effects til even now. On the other side, with treaties countries try to find a way to a better future, so of course they are necessary. Still, sometimes it’s worth to hear what the uninvolved parties/countries think about it.
PS3: sorry for the long ps2, but as we can read every day these times, history is political.

2 Likes