Meetup in Genoa (Liguria, Italy) on Saturday 22nd June 2024 about the old lighthouse

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Genoa, Liguria, Italy
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Main entry of Genoa Principe railway station
:calendar: DATE: June 22nd
:alarm_clock: TIME: 10:00 A.M - 5 P.M.
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

The most iconic landmark of Genoa is the old lighthouse, called Lanterna, which since 1128 has welcomed ships entering the city port. The lighthouse was rebuilt in the current shape in 1543, and is one of the oldest in the world still in operation. With its 77 meters it is also the tallest of the Mediterranea Sea.

In 2024 it has been nominated lighthouse of the year by IALA (International Association of Marine Aids to Navigation and Lighthouse Authorities), and so we decided to have a meetup dedicated to it :slight_smile:

We are going to meet at Principe railway station, and then take the metro to Dinegro, from which a 10 minutes walk will take us to the lighthouse. The full ticket is 8€ and includes the visit to the park, the small museum and the climb up to the panoramic terrace halfway up the lighthouse (172 steps)

After the visit we will move to the restaurant Zena Zuena in Via Cesarea (10 minutes from Brignole railway station) to eat, chat and write and sign the postcards together

For this meetup we are going to have 2 postcards!
The first depicted a beautiful shop of the Lanterna by photographer Giorgio Luperini
And the second, made with a LEGO model by @Spidermoro, shows our group of postcrossers around a table intent on eating and writing and exchanging postcards :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I love both the postcards. I would love to have them :smiling_face::heart: ofc in a swap. Have a great time ya all :heart::face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Hello! I would really like to exchange these cards. Write to me if anyone can.

1 Like

Hello, dear postcrossers!
I would be very interested in exchanging the beautiful cards.
My offers:

Have fun at the meetup and thank you in advance.

1 Like

Oh! I’d like to swap the first card!
My swap album is here SleepyBee | Zonerama.com

I love the card!

1 Like

Поищу обе
https://vk.com/album24586383_304079472 общий
https://vk.com/album24586383_305576462 встречные

Oh mio Dio, sono così carini! Voglio scambiare queste due cartoline, la mia ig è xxreihistoria, puoi scegliere sopra.

Grazie a tutti per la bellissima giornata!
Alla prossima!
M

2 Likes

Grazie mille per le tue bellissime cartoline @stefbot75 and Eleonora. ne sono molto felice :star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

Ciao tutti
Grazie mille, thank you for the postcard of the Lanterna by photographer Giorgio Luperini!
It was very nice to receive this card from your Meet Up in Genova! :grin:
Will there be another Meet up in Genova ?
Happy Postcrossing from Switzerland :hugs:

1 Like

Salve @stefbot75 and buongiorno to all of you. Mille grazie per tue cartoline.

It’s always interesting to see you different mottos/motti? and designs.

Have a wonderful estate and enjoy postcrossing. See you, one day, somewhere, sometime

1 Like

@Silvana_Tarja for sure, just keep an eye on this italian meetups section from time to time

1 Like

Hello. I really like postcard with LEGO. I want to exchange for this card.
My offers
https://demira-ru.gallery.ru/?p=albums&parent=ub3K

1 Like

Sending PM :slight_smile: