Meetup in Cesena (Emilia-Romagna, Italy) 6 April 2024

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Cesena (Emilia-Romagna, Italy)

:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Railway Station (Piazza Sanguinetti, Cesena)

:calendar: DATE: Saturday 6 April 2024

:alarm_clock: TIME: 10:00 - 16:00 (GMT+1)

:postbox: MEETUP PLAN: The focus of the Meetup will be a visit to a city monument depicted on an italian stamp in 2008: the Biblioteca Malatestiana (Malatestiana Library). The Malatestiana is the only example in the world of a Humanist Library that is perfectly preserved in its building, furnishings and library equipment. Construction began in 1447 and the complex was inaugurated on 15 August 1454; this year marks the 570th Anniversary of its opening. Since 2005 it has been included in the UNESCO Memory of the World Register.

Info: Cesena Cultura - Malatestiana Antica

:warning: Reservations accepted until Wednesday 20 March 2024!

:page_facing_up: PROGRAM

9:30 - 10:00 > Meet in the Square in front of the Railway Station (Piazza Sanguinetti, Cesena). Strategic point to reach the city for those coming by train, bus and car (there are numerous parking).

10:00 - 11:00 > Walk through the streets of the historic center.

11:00 - 12:00 > Visit to the Biblioteca Malatestiana (Malatestiana Library). Ticket: full 5€, reduced 4€ (Over 65 years old; Students of all levels; Groups over 10 people; FAI; Touring Club; Italia Nostra).

12:00 - 15:00 > Lunch at an affordable restaurant (Italian and romagnol cuisine, and pizza), siesta and time to write and send postcards.

15:00 - 16:00 > Visit to the Rocca Malatestiana (Malatesta Fortress). Ticket: full price 5€, reduced price 4€ (Over 65 years old; Students of all levels; Groups over 10 people; FAI; Touring Club; Italia Nostra).

End of Meetup. Who wish can return toward home. Who prefer to stay can have an aperitif, chat and write more postcards. Then greetings, smiles and hugs.

:warning: This is NOT a post for a Postcard Swap, here we inform about the Meetup. Everybody are welcome and can ask for any information or curiosity.

6 Likes

Molto interessante! Non sono mai stato a Cesena, quindi partecipo volentieri. :smiling_face:

1 Like

Auguri per il meetup! Non penso di riuscire a venire, ma mi piacerebbe visitare Cesena e la rocca e la biblioteca malatestiane un giorno.

1 Like

Grazie per il messaggio, ti scrivo in privato :mailbox_with_mail:

Grazie! Spero che potrai visitare presto la città :dizzy:

Hello dear Postcrossers!
I would be very interested in swap the wonderful card.
My offers:

Enjoy your meetup and thank you in advance.

Hi Mauro,
I would love to join this meetup.
Best,
Ming

1 Like

Everyone is welcome, I write to you in DM :smiley:

Non ho mai partecipato ad un meetup, devo dare la conferma della presenza in qualche modo? O arrivare li e basta il giorno?

Ciao! Grazie per il messaggio. Tutti sono i benvenuti, E sì, è necessario darmi conferma o meno entro il 20 marzo. Sarà utile sapere in quanti siamo per la prenotazione del ristorante e per la visita guidata alla Biblioteca Malatestiana. Per ulteriori domande o curiosità mi puoi scrivere in privato :smiley:

ciao everyone,
i will not be able to join the meetup but i would love to swap postcards with you (was in cesena few years ago and didn’t get to mail myself a postcard to taiwan)

my offers would mainly be the meetup cards from taiwan, if anyone is interested, please let me know :pray:

Ciao Mauro
sono interessata ad uno swap :slight_smile: purtroppo per impegni scolastici non posso partecipare :frowning:

Godetevi la giornata alla grande!!
ciao Lara