Meetup Houston, Texas March 19, 2022

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Houston, Texas
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Holiday Inn Houston International Airport, Houston, TX complete address below
:calendar: DATE: March 19, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 10 AM
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: As you enter tell the person at the door you are there for Postcrossing. They will direct you to the space we are to meet.
Holiday Inn
15222 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Houston, TX 77032

Hi all,
I am planning a meetup to occur at the Houston Postcard Show.

Meet-up postcards will be available for you to autograph and send to your friends and yourself.

The show is two days, but the meet-up will be on Saturday.

There will be snacks available but please bring your own drink.

Tell the person at the door you are here for the Postcrossing Meetup. Entry is free for you.

Bring your friends and see what a Postcard Show is all about. email me for more details at ezrestexas@aol.com more information is below. If you wish to receive a postcard from the meetup please email your mailing address to email above or message ezredax on postcrossing.com

I look forward to meeting you there.

Demaris Swint
ezredax

More info.
What are we going to be doing?

• Spend the time getting to know our fellow postcrossers
  • Share our postcrossing experiences/stories
  • Postcard swapping
  • Sign designed postcrossing meet-up cards
  • and of course…write as many cards as we can to send out to the world!

What should I bring? (not mandatory, just some suggestions)

• Pens, markers, stickers, washi tape, decorative stamps etc. (anything you like to write or decorate cards with)
  • list of addresses to send too.
  • Postage stamps (so we can mail as many cards as we can!)
  • Postcards to trade/swap
  • Postcards you would like to send out at this meetup
  • Postcards you want to show off
  • A smartphone/iPad/tablet for connecting to postcrossing.com

The ultimate goal of this meetup is to share our collective joy of postcrossing, to make good, positive, and wholesome connections with another human beings, and to spread that positivity and happiness to our fellow postcrossers across the globe!

6 Likes

I’m going to try to make it. It would be my first meet-up. :grin:

1 Like

Hi, Wynne,

It will be a lot of fun to meet you. There will be others who will be attending their first meetup.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

Hi Demaris, hoping to make it if Covid will cooperate. I always enjoy it,
Pam in Nac

2 Likes

Will try to attend! Sounds like great fun!

I will be there!

HI Trever,

I look forward to seeing you. How fun!
Demaris

HI Nance,

I look forward to meeting you. It will be fun!
Demaris

Hi Demaris!
Thank you for organizing this meetup. :smiling_face:

HI Lauraline,

I look forward to seeing you in Houston.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

Looking forward to it, Pam in Nac

I am planning on attending. It will be my first meetup!

Hi,

I look forward to meeting you. Be sure to bring a stamper if you have one.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

1 Like

So I’m still going to plan on coming. I will be passing by in a small (25’ end to end) RV, so I am hoping I will be able to park it out behind the hotel. I checked the satellite view and saw a bunch of big trucks parked in back and my “little RV” is way smaller than those.
I’m also bringing what I have for “postcard stuff” - it’s not a whole lot since I’m only 5-6 months in to this adventure, but I have some postcards, some stamps and stickers, as well as pens. I’m really hoping to meet other Postcrossing fans and get some tips and ideas, but I’ll contribute best as I can. I am only allowed to have 7 traveling postcards and they all are traveling right now, but maybe I could prepare some so that when I get openings, I can send them to the next people I draw. See you soon!

Hi Wynne,

The parking lot is very large. So you should not have a problem parking your RV.

I look forward for having fun at the meetup,
Demaris

Demaris and Viv,
I had a great time today at my first meet-up. It was so perfect having about the same ratio of “newbies” and “veterans”. And I had fun, got a ton of questions answered, and enjoyed making several new friends. Thank you so much for putting that together!
Laurie (Wynnie)

Thank you so much to ezredax and all the people who joined this meetup and sent me the wonderful postcard!!!

That was an amazing surprise!
I hope you had a beautiful time together :heart:

Peace and love :wink:

Paola

1 Like

Hi ya’ll!

I know I’m a bit late to the party, but just wanted to say thank you for making the meetup happen. :slight_smile:

Can’t wait for next time!

PS. @ezredax I will be sending over a thank you gift in your PMs shortly. It’s a postcard design for the next meetup!

PPS. Almost forgot, if any of ya’ll want a small rubber stamp for next time, PM @Monilu. She’ll get some made and ready for you!

1 Like

Hi, Please send your design as a jpg. to ezrestexas@aol.com. I do not use twitter.

I don’t know what PM means.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

HI Daniel,

I was able to download your design front and back. Look forward to seeing you again in Oct.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris