Meetup Buena Park, California January 21. 2023

CITY/REGION: Buena Park, California
DATE: January 21, 2023
TIME: 10 am
MEETUP PLAN:Double Tree by Hilton
7000 Beach Boulevard
Buena Park, CA 90620

Hi all,
I am planning a meetup to occur at the Greater California Postcard, Movie & Paper Show. The entrance fee for the show is $5 per day. SHOW AN OUT OF STATE DRIVERS LICENSE AND GET FREE ADMISSION (after 10 AM) Also, let the person at the door know you are attending a Postcrossing Meetup. You entrance is free.

Meet-up postcards will be available for you to autograph and send to your friends and yourself.

The show is two days, but the meet-up will be on Saturday at 10 am.

There will be snacks available but please bring your own drink.

Bring your friends and see what a Postcard Show is all about. email me for more details at ezrestexas@aol.com more information is below. If you wish to receive a postcard from the meetup please email your mailing address to email above or message ezredax on http://postcrossing.com

I look forward to meeting you there.

Demaris Swint
ezredax

More info.
What are we going to be doing?

• Spend the time getting to know our fellow postcrossers
    Share our postcrossing experiences/stories
    Postcard swapping
    Sign designed postcrossing meet-up cards and of course…write as many cards as we can to send out to the world!

What should I bring? (not mandatory, just some suggestions)

Rubber Stamp or something similar to autograph the meetup postcards. Pens, markers, stickers, washi tape, decorative stamps etc. (anything you like to write or decorate cards with)
list of addresses to send too.
Postage stamps (so we can mail as many cards as we can!) I will have some to use to send meetup postcards
Postcards to trade/swap I will have some as well as other meetup postcards for you to take and send in the future.
Postcards you would like to send out at this meetup
Postcards you want to show off - maybe something you received or like to send
A smartphone/iPad/tablet for connecting to http://postcrossing.com/
The ultimate goal of this meetup is to share our collective joy of postcrossing, to make good, positive, and wholesome connections with another human beings, and to spread that positivity and happiness to our fellow postcrossers across the globe!

8 Likes

Hi Demaris , I’m interested to attend, I live nearby :slight_smile:

HI,

I look forward to meeting you. If you have a stamper with your name or screen name on it be sure to bring it. I will have lots of meetup postcards for you to autograph and send.

Enjoy the day
Demaris

1 Like

I am interested.

Hi
If you send your mailing address to ezrestexas@aol.com I will be happy to send you a reminder in late December or Early January.

I look forward to meeting you.
Demaris

Do you know where in Buena Park this event will take place?

Would be fun to meet local postcrossers! I plan to get a signature stamp made soon, so it would be a nice occasion to use it.

1 Like

HI, Sorry I didn’t notice the place was not on the meetup notice. I have fixed it.

The meetup will be at the
Double Tree by Hilton
7000 Beach Boulevard
Buena Park, CA 90620

Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 10 am.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

1 Like

Demaris: I’m interested. This is an excellent way to jump into the new year. I live close by. Will plan to attend. -Gmansocal

HI,

I look forward to meeting you. If you have a rubber stamp with your name or screen name on it, do bring it. There will be lots of meetup postcards for you to autograph.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

Hello
I am interested.
I live in LA.

Hi,

I look forward to meeting you. If you have a rubber stamp with your name or screen name on it you should bring it. There will be many meetup postcards to autograph.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

1 Like

٩(◕‿◕。)۶
This is so exciting! I live about 45 minutes drive from the meet-up place. I would definitely attend. I’m new in Postcrossing, so this will be a nice way to dip my toe in the water, per se. 。^‿^。

Hi Demaris, Just saw your meet-up listing. Great idea to combine with a So Cal postcard show! I believe I will be passing close by on the morning of the 21st, so I can drop in. Of course, I will have my custom rubber stamp with me. If meet-up cards need to be ordered in advance, I’d be interested in 10.
—Stephan

I been to this meetup before. You will walk away with more than 10

Hi,
I am interested to attend. I have a stamp that I will bring to the meeting.
Thanks.

1 Like

HI,

I look forward to meeting you. I will have many postcards for you to autograph. If you have a rubber stamp with your name or screen name on it, do bring it. You will be glad you did.

Happy holidays,
Demaris

Hi, I’ll be there! Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Tian

Hi, Demaris. You and I exchanged Postcrossing cards in 2020! It sounds like you’ll be visiting California! I’ll email you to say “hello” and to ask a few questions, since this meetup will be different than those I’ve attended in the past!
Thanks for organizing! My friend, Van, and I plan to attend–I expect she’ll post a reply, here, also. We’ve recently been to meetups in Pasadena and Ontario, and in February, we’ll host one in Montclair. We thought it be fun to branch out and meet Postcrossers in other areas. (I grew up in west Anaheim, which borders Buena Park.)

1 Like

Hi Demaris - I will be joining Kristi in attending this meetup. Ive never attended a postcard show and would love to see all the goodies! Is there a cost for meetup postcards?

Ive been to this meet up before. She is very generous and you will walk away with them free.

1 Like