May 18th-21st, 2023 - Long missed meeting in Konz

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Konz
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: camping site Saarmündung
:calendar: DATE: 18.-21.05.2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 16:00
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

After the forced break thanks Corona I would like to revive our yearly meeting in Konz at the camping site Saarmündung.

I would like to invite all old and new faces to join a weekend full of joy, laughter, postcards, BBQ, hopefully good weather, long evenings, great conversations, biiiig hugs, good vibes and whatever you feel like needs to be added to create a memorable weekend!

The meeting will start on thursday, may 18th (Ascension of Christ / Christi Himmelfahrt) and end on sunday, may 21st. It is up to you when and how long you will join.

In the past most of the participants stayed at the camping site itself, either in a camper, a caravan, a tent or in one of the barrels or appartments, last ones can be rented at the camping site.

barrel: 46€/night (for single use) or 50€/night (for 2 persons)
appartment (for 2 persons): 58€/night resp. 65€/night
site for caravan (incl. 2 persons): 22€/night

Reservations and bookings needs to be done by yourself (as soon as possible), but I will gladly support, if anybody needs help.

Plan:

Donnerstag:
Abends gemeinsames Grillen, im besten Falle auf dem Campingplatz, sofern von uns dort jemand einen Stellplatz haben wird, auf dem wir Platz dafür haben, das steht aktuell leider noch nicht ganz fest. Falls das nicht gehen sollte, dann verlagern wir das Grillen in unseren Garten (wir spielen dann auch gerne “Taxi” von und zum Campingplatz :wink: )

Fürs Grillen bringt bitte jeder das mit, was er gerne auf dem Grill bzw seinem Teller haben möchte :slight_smile: Denkt bitte daran, dass am Donnerstag Feiertag ist. Sollte jemand Schwierigkeiten haben, gerne Bescheid sagen, dann kann ich im Vorfeld mit einkaufen.

Freitag:
Morgens/nachmittags nach Trier für Sightseeing und/oder Postkarten & Co shoppen

Abend gemeinsames Essen und Karten schreiben im China Restaurant Konz.

Wer mag: gerne können wir wieder eine kleine Tombola veeanstalten. Hierzu einfach ein kleines Geschenk mitbringen, welche dann unter den Teilnehmenden verlost wird.

Samstag:
Da sich mehrere auch zum Meeting in Saarbrücken angemeldet haben, fahren wir gemeinsam hin. Wir schauen dann am Do/Fr wie es aussieht mit Plätzen in Autos oder ob ein Grüppchen ggf. mit dem Zug zusammen fahren wird.

Abends gemütliches zusammen sein auf dem Camping Platz - ggf. nochmal mit Karten unterschreiben

Sonntag:
Je nachdem wann wer fährt, können wir noch gemeinsam mittaga essen, bspw. direkt im Restaurant auf dem Campingplatz.

Please let me know when you would like to join :slight_smile:

Participants:
1 Schlafmohn
1a MiniMohn
2 HomerJS
3 kugusch
4 dcf
5 catcollector
6 isinesunshine
7 MaryChristine
8 isagv
9 Vorleserin

Maybe:
1 Astrid85
1a LittleMiss
1b Nachwuchspostcrosser
1c Babysitter :smiley:
2+3 Cloe-Leo

1 Like

@Niklot @B-Engel @isinesunshine @Astrid85 @grauli @isagv @Lotty @Mausbaer47 @kugusch @blue44 @catcollector @itzibitzispider @Mieke1985 @annibaer @PaiSen @Vanessa89 @Pigglet @Cawe @mondkind @Jarana @Cardbox @veke250 @midnatsol @mani2265 @MaryChristine

Will you join (again)? =)

1 Like

Sorry, this part of my holiday planning was not approved. So it only remains for me to wish you lots of fun. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

well I’m so excited to have Konz again, it would have to be something serious to kerp me away!

2 Likes

How wonderful! Can you add me as a maybe? I’m goign to ask my boyfriend if he wants to join :blush:

2 Likes

Please add me to the list of participants. I am so happy to meet you all again. :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Just asked Marie whether she can join, too. I should get the Friday off and asked at the camp site whether “our” barrel is available. :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

put me as a maybe. Antwerp is the week before and I must talk to hubby first.

2 Likes

I can’t come.

I already have something else that weekend.

1 Like

Hopefully next year again :heart:

We will come. How should we do the reservation at the campsite? Do we have to say something about postcrossing-meeting?

2 Likes

Oh maybe that would be a good idea, maybe you can ask them to put you all together, if other reservations are coming. @kugusch ch did you already book ?

no. I think they are still on winter break

I sent them a request the day you mentioned me here but did not get a response, yet. So, yes, they sure are still on winter break :upside_down_face: (I did not mention Postcrossing in the request, though)

Hi live in New Zealand would love a meet up card please we are also having a meet up.in May so I could send you card back.
Have a great meet up sounds fantastic
Best wishes
Helen ( pommiegal)

I just noticed that the campsite has open again on Saturday 18/03. Now space is bookable on the website.

Oh perfect! Always forgot to drive by with a bit time. Hope now everybody will get a reply soon

So it seems all barrels and rooms are gone. I cannot book for this weekend on the camping site so I cannot join unfortunately.

I’ve just booked a place at the campsite.
And I had a phonecall with the owner of the campsite.
We should mail him a list with the names of the participants some days before the meeting starts so that he can try to give as places that are at the same area.
@kugusch @catcollector @MaryChristine @isinesunshine Have you booked now? Did you get a confirmation?

We did not get a confirmation for the barrel, yet. Just filled in the online form two month ago and have been waiting since.