Maxicards chat

Thank you @helent
I just think about same thing!

In Japan, some maxicard creators grued a piece of paper on the picture side to keep the postmark will stay.
There is circle shaped white sticker, almost same size but just a little bit bigger than the postmark.
Maybe they make use of it.

But I’m not good at it, so I try only when I can find the cards which have matte finish on the picture side already.

These are what I made in this Autumn.

My stamps are too old to get a postmark by themselves, I need to add another for enough postal value🤣

11 Likes

These are lovely!

So are these cards matte? I have some matte cards, but they are hard to find.

2 Likes

Thank you Helen💕
Yes, these cards are matte. They are from a postcard book. Maybe matte finish is easier to make a book!?:thinking:

Most cards of mine have shiny finish, usually I have same problem😞

2 Likes

I apply matte spray to the card before sticking the stamps and getting the postmark! That’s the only way it works for me. :sweat_smile: I tried using sandpaper to make the part where the stamp goes rougher and more adhesible, but that didn’t work for me.

7 Likes

Just sharing, some maxicards that I have received recently :santa:

23 Likes

Cool! I will check out the art supply store tomorrow. Do you spray the whole card, or if you just do one spot, does it blend in reasonably?

2 Likes

I spray everything and it really doesn’t stand out. One good spray covers the whole card anyway :smiley:

3 Likes

thats cool. where did you buy it?

1 Like

I use circle label sticker for glossy surface!:grinning:

9 Likes

Amazon (wouldn’t recommend buying there), but I found it on Ebay, too.

3 Likes

A few maxicards from the last few stamp issues of 2021.

DC Comics

Rugby Union

British Army Vehicles, Christmas 2021 and Stampex WPD Meet-up postcard.

This is the postmark from the British Forces Post Office that smudged on the £1.70 Ajax Tank maxicard.

Some discontinued Isle of Man PHQ maxicards that I acquired on Ebay.

At the begining of this year, I had no understanding of what Maxicards where. Now they are some of my favourite postcards.
Looking forward to seeing everyone’s Maxicards in 2022.

*Please Note the above Maxicards are not avaliable for swaps or trades. You will just have to hope that I draw your address. :blush:

23 Likes

I’ve started to make my own maxicard,too. Here are some of them:

It’s the space stamp issued by French post in 2021 with the 1st day postmark.

Also the 2021 Christmas stamp! I love the little Penguin postmark🐧

16 Likes

ROC (Taiwan) 2022 CLNY - Year of Tiger maxicard.

My latest updated collection,
Gulfmann Maxicards

9 Likes

I made cards about the new December stamps, including the new German definitives. (Have you received them yet?)

I had the mail coach cards lying around here for almost a year… as I had them ready with the stamps, but then Deutsche Post withdrew the postmark that I had planned for them. Luckily there was another mail coach postmark this December and so I was able to replace it, haha.
Oh and there always needs to be a value of at least 10ct for stamps to be postmarked, that’s why I had to put two stamps on the waterlily cards.

For January, I have maxicards for Annette von Droste-Hülshoff, David Bowie, red clover and snowsdrops planned. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

On December 3, 2021 - the last day of the year, Pos Malaysia issued these edible flower stamps of papaya flowers, blue pea flower and torch ginger flower. I bought these flower postcards at the post office and realized these maxicards and added my physical collection of these flowers just to create this photo.

Translation of cancellation text: BUNGA = flower; BOLEH DI MAKAN = can be eaten

I chose to specifically to cancel at this post office: “TAMAN CHAI LENG” becos in English it is translated as Chai Leng PARK or Chai Leng GARDEN - as flowers grow in parks/gardens.

To make the photos more interesting, I added the real flowers that I collected and brought them to the post office to make a match with the corresponding maxicards…

Enjoy viewing :slight_smile:

11 Likes

@SLLiew I love how you created an extended “maxi picture” with the maxicards and real flowers! :cherry_blossom:

I just wanted to show you guys the new maxicards I made for the January stamps:

Has anyone made new ones recently? Btw, for everyone who wants to get postmarks in Germany, the Berlin office is much faster than the one in Weiden.

11 Likes

I didn’t make any lately. But will for the new animal stamps definitiy make some

1 Like

Today, 4 new postage stamps in the Fauna of Russia Songbirds series have been released in Russia:)

18 Likes

I sprayed locally on some cards, and on the whole surface, on other cards.
Worked fine for me.

Better than “erasering”, “sandpapering”, blade-scratching, amidon-layering…

I also used white labels, and transparent labels, for my non-traditional maxicards. Non-FIP.

I even sent envelopes for postmarking, containing 3×5 inch such labels with postage stamp on them, so I safely got the postmarks.
Then I cut out the “postmarked stamp on a piece of label”, as I saw fit, then safely affixed on the postcard that never left my home.

Maybe it was a unique postcard, that I didn’t want to risk losing, or having it ruined by the postmarking person.

Great idea!
Personalized stamps AND personalized postcards that I designed were used to create maxicards in USA and The Netherlands.

If possible, design and buy your postcards first, THEN design and buy your stamps.
That way, your maxicards are more FIP-compliant, if you care.