Maxicards chat

Today, I have received this amazing maxicard. I am so happy. I love sealife and it is a very nice illustration.

12 Likes

Thank you all, I get it. Though it’s not an official Maxicard, the related stamp makes it more interesting. And this topic really helps.Maxicards chat
————————————————————————————
I created a customized goat postcard for the winner of my lottery, and happened to find a goat-related used stamp in my collection.

So I attached the stamp on the front, then a problem came to my mind: Is this a sort of Maximum Cards?

I’m a newbie to postcrossing, not very clear about the definition of Maximum Cards, so please forgive me if there is anything wrong.

10 Likes

It is a beautiful unofficial maximum card. Well made. Bravo.

1 Like

I think no, because of this is not a real stamp.

Great combination!

I’m not an expert in this question, but maybe this topic will heip you:
Maxicards chat

1 Like

Well, it is a real stamp, but a used one.

1 Like

Thank you for saying that! I think call it an unofficial maximum card is suitable.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll read it.

2 Likes

for a maximum the matching cancellation is missing, but it doesn’t matter, it’s an interesting self-made postcard

4 Likes

You can create your cancellation. And that’s it.

I really love it too, it is nice made and the stamp and card picture fit well in theme. But I agree a full postmark (best if it fits the theme of the card too) is missing to make it a real Maximum card - so I won’t call it a Maximum card, but still very beautiful!

2 Likes

It is a Cinderella (Bogus) stamp. They are still perfect for create mail arts, some people collect them, but they have no “postal” value.

I think this looks more like a CTO stamp.

I’ve swapped some Maxicards but not received yet.

I don’t create Maxicards myself for it’s difficult for me to have the special cancellation marks, but when I make handmade cards, I usually attach a related used stamp on the front side.

I send them as handmade cards, but I think when recipients receive them, they will be happy to find out it’s an unofficial Maxicard(without the special cancellation marks) as well.

8 Likes

Thank you all, I get it.

1 Like

New maxicards from Ukraine.

25 Likes

A little off topic, but

HEIDI!!! I love her! That particular cartoon! I had no idea there’s a maxi card of hers!

3 Likes

I was just going to ask the Dutchies here about that, as I couldn’t find any. That’s a real shame :frowning:

1 Like

I think, it is not a Maximun card at all because it is selfmade.
The Maximun cards are officially cancelled even if they are unofficial ones.

1 Like

@stampraider

@KRR is right. This is a Cinderella. Depends on who you ask. The stamp is issued by or for Western Sahara. Sahara Occ RASD.

It stands for Sahara Occidental República Árabe Saharaui Democrática. Western Sahara Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic. Morocco regards Western Sahara as its territory. They don’t recognize these as stamps and would regard them as Cinderellas. There are other nations that do recognize Western Sahara as a nation and would consider these stamps.

Info about the stamp.

The stamp shown was issued in 1992. The animal is a Barbary sheep, also called an aoudad and a moufflon (Ammotragus lervia).