Maxicards chat

I hope some people have managed to get their ducks in order to make a Mary Rose maxicard with the postmark only being given out on the 11th. I only just found out about it so there’s no way I can get stuff in time.

These are amazing

1 Like

Received from my father today :star_struck:

13 Likes

Sent maxicard, issued in the Netherlands in 1980, in honour of Queen Wilhelmina. The stamp shows Queen Wilhelmina during WWII:

4 Likes

I got 10 stamps :sparkling_heart:

20 Likes

Amazing one - great job made :heart:

thank you :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I made some maxicards from the WPD card. Sadly, the cancellations didn’t all come out well.

17 Likes

Just wondering, if I put the stamp and postmark on the other side of the picture of the postcard (due to colour issues e.g. black background against black postmark), is it still considered a maxicard?

Hey,
I’m very new to this all. But where can I buy official maxicards?

Thank you
X

If your postal authority doesn’t produce them, you can usually find older ones at stamp shows. This site also has a good selection (price in :us:, ships from :canada:).

1 Like

The patterns are not the same since they are just matching themes, but I guess you could call them maxi cards.
But it turned out cute. 5 cards were postmarked.

15 Likes

I found these 1982 maxi cards on an online marketplace.

6 Likes

ahead of the coming winter

10 Likes

These are lovely, especially the chickadees

1 Like

I think they are right, write side is front, image side is back. You ask them canceled front side, so they canceled stamp on write side.

Why would the decorative side not be counted as the front?

Whichever side they do count as the front, they didn’t cancel the stamps on the image side because they were Lundy stamps and not Royal Mail

In Germany it is standardized that the address side is the front and the picture side is the back.
And I remember that at least in the US it is the same (quite a while ago I read a similar discussion in a stamp forum).

I am not sure. But in China, write side is front. About cancel stamp, maybe you should check “Philatelic Code of Ethics for the Use of UPU Member Countries”.

I would agree @elmani that the picture side is the front and the side you write on is the back. A quick search on eBay for postcards with ‘FDI Front’ and ‘FDI Back’ will support that this is the general rule in the UK. If you’re ever not sure, you could always ask them to apply the postmark to the pictorial side of the card instead (this is the wording Royal mail use in their postmark bulletin).

1 Like