Maxi cards FDC with Cancel stamp, Allowed as postcard?

I am sorry if there is a thread somewhere else on the forum discussing this topic, searched but cant seem to find any. I have some Maxi cards, they seem still brand new, though they have a stamp saying Canceled. But there are now pen markings or any writing on the cards. Still brand new in packaging. Does these count as new cards? Can I send them as postcards on Postcrossing? They are really nice cards, antiques from Namibia (SWA under previous South Africa). Not too informed about all the terms and rules, if someone can please advise.
Regards
Duncan

1 Like

Cancellations on maxicards is part of the card. Matching stamp and card + (commemorative) cancellation = maxicard. So even thought the stamp on front is cancelled, the card hasn’t been sent or gone through the system. The maxicards are simply made and sold just like that.

So far that I am aware, if the card hasn’t been used for sending message (doesn’t have address or any other text on back) then it is suitable for Postcrossing. Sounds for me like your cards will be fine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have sent plenty like that and nobody has complained yet. The cards had not been written on though. Obviously I have to add additional/new uncancelled stamps.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback, I was hoping for that. I’m quite relieved as these are quite beautiful. Looking forward to sending them out :innocent:

5 Likes

Many people (so me) love such cards a lot. So most people probably you would make very happy by sending such cards.

3 Likes

People absolutely love maxicard. So look for people who love maxicards
i am always so happy when I get one​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like