MĀRUPE Meetup 25/08/2023

:world_map: CITY/REGION: MĀRUPE / LATVIA
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Ziemeļu iela 10, Mārupes novads
:calendar: DATE: 25/08/2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 15:00
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: A special stamp and postcard will be presented. There will be an opportunity to meet the calligraphy artist Kaiva Narbute, who will share her experience on how to make the classical art of writing more modern and how to use calligraphy in writing postcards.

More Information:

In keeping with the established traditions, this year Latvijas Pasts invites everyone interested to the 17th meeting of Latvian postcard senders and members of the international Postcrossing movement. A special stamp and postcard will be presented as part of the event, and participants will also have the opportunity to meet Kaiva Narbute, a calligraphy artist, who will share her experience on how to make the classical art of writing more modern and how to use calligraphy in writing postcards as well.

Latvijas Pasts invites everyone who enjoys sending and receiving handwritten postcards to participate in this event which promotes the sending of postcards and brings awareness to the global Postcrossing movement. This meeting will be special in that the participants will not only receive a postcard and stamp prepared particularly for this event but will also be able to try their hand at calligraphy techniques in a creative atmosphere and listen to calligrapher Kaiva Narbute’s story about calligraphy practice, techniques, and artistic vision.

This year’s special release of Postcrossing postcards and stamps features the theme of Latvia’s gifts of nature with a greeting designed in a calligraphic style for postcard-sending enthusiasts worldwide. The postcard symbolically depicts Latvian forests and their rich treasures that we can be proud of, as well as the tradition of mushroom picking that is so cherished by Latvians. Special postcards and stamps have been issued specifically for this event and will be available in a limited number during the event.

Postcard-sending enthusiasts are invited to sign up for participation in the event until the 21st of August 2023 by writing to the e-mail address: pr@pasts.lv

https://pasts.lv/en/News/7524-on-the-25th-of-august-latvijas-pasts-holds-a-meeting-of-postcard-sending-enthusiasts-dedicated-to-the-theme-of-calligraphy

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

2 Likes

Hello! Is it possible to swap? My offer:

or

To get the postmarks, I need your reply by the respective dates.
Please, let me know. Thank you!
(M.Grazia - Melody1)

1 Like

Hi @Ozolinji! I’ve reformatted the post so that all the information is made clear on the very top, and also so that the mandatory link to the meetup guidelines is included.

I will be glad to exchange ))
https://vk.com/album20733835_278691001
https://vk.com/album20733835_278769494
If my links never open, then I can offer Stavropol counter postcards and many other topics for exchange: foxes, bears, cities, food, flowers, birds, owls, wine Stavropol, famous personalities, characters and more.

hello . i have these cards can we swap?