Mail to China (2022 temporary suspension)

My city had been on an mail blackout for the these two months and only returned to normal at the beginning of this month. Affected by the epidemic over the past few years, I’m not sure if I lost many cards along the way. I understand how people choose their cards in the hope that they will receive them instead of not hearing from them. Hopefully, the administrators will give us a clear deadline for how long this will last.

4 Likes

Paulo has explained that it has never been the practice to contact every user from a country when a suspension affected them. What does it matter really? It doesn’t affect your ability to participate in PC. You can still send postcards and you still have many many postcards traveling to you.

I don’t know how anyone can look at that and say there is no problem with the China Post and accuse the admin of lying.

So, your theory is that every other country in the world is out to get China and destroying or holding back the outgoing mail meant for China? Why would they do that?

Isn’t this a parcel? That’s not the same thing at all. Completely different system.

The announcement is very clear that this is a PC decision and makes a point to say that China Post hasn’t suspended delivery. So if someone is reading and misunderstanding, that’s is not admin’s fault. They need to read more carefully.

If you go back and read through the thread, you will see that this has been answered half a dozen times already. When mail was badly affected by the war in Ukraine, there WAS a suspension issued for those areas.

We are not a group of children. We are a group of fully developed adults. We should be able to process our feelings and respond in mature ways. Yes, children have outbursts and temper tantrums and are overly sensitive to perceived slights. Adults have the ability to restrain themselves, surely.

This is an honest question. How do you expect admin to know how long the backlog with China Post will last?

45 Likes

I think this post is not necessary in going on with more and more debates,
Apparently the suspension will still be put on effect.
I suggest keep on calm and waiting for things getting better gradually :wink:

27 Likes

Admins have already answered that the suspension will be lifted after 60% of the travelling cards are registered. How long will that take? No one knows, certainly not the PC team. It all depends on how quickly the China Post delivers the mail in their storage centres.

12 Likes

I just saw that, thank you! I don’t think it will take long. All we have to do now is wait🌞

11 Likes

HI Ali.I saw a lot of replies these days and I just want to say that you are so patient to answer so many impolite questions.
I feel some kind of sorry for that.Hope these won’t affect your mood.Have a nice weekend :blossom:

14 Likes

It’s a parcel isn’t it

2 Likes

I’m agree with this!

I understand the frustration of Chinese Postcrossers. The slow postal service is not their fault. Anyway, this frustrates me:

10 Likes

I kind of feel like the more vocal Chinese users aren’t quite aware of the scope of the problem. From the responses, it seems like some think that it’s just delayed by a few weeks or doesn’t happen to every single postcard.

Others from China have responded to say they understand there is a considerable problem as well and I thank them for that.

9 Likes

That’s my open cards to China at the moment:

Normally 100 of 100 cards are traveling. The expired cards aren’t much more than to other countries. But I can understand @paulo to cut the way of postcards to China.

13 Likes

Paolo founded Postcrossing for all of us.
This community is run by dedicated volunteers.
It is non-profit.
That is why I am a supporter. I am grateful for all that Postcrossing does for us, for mail services (keeping them in business through crazy spending on stamps! :wink: ), and for human connectivity.
Such a lot for a group of volunteers to do so successfully for over 15 years.
And so, I hope that we are able to focus our energies on positivity and understanding of the efforts, hard work, and tremendous responsibility taken on by admin and all Postcrossing volunteers.
We need them. And they are trying to do the best they can for our community; for the love of sending postcards.
Further, this is not a democracy. Nor is Postcrossing run by consensus. This is evident in “About”, and elsewhere.
Through membership, there is implicit acceptance of the decision-making structure.
Certainly, there are occasions when a decision will be viewed as unfair; maybe even unwise.
And while we might not always agree with decisions, and be disappointed in the outcomes of actions and decisions made by admin, our disagreement amongst ourselves ought to be respectful.
I - and many others - am sympathetic about all suspensions.
As others have already mentioned here, the intent is not to offend nor exclude.
It has been explained as a big-picture response to a unique and temporary challenge.
And there has been a clear commitment to resume official exchanges as soon as reasonable.
I am empathetic to Postcrossing members who presently find postcard exchange under any form of suspension. And I hope that things will return to normal as soon as possible. For everyone.
Including admin.
Why are we here? For the love of postcards. And, certainly, grateful that this one space on the planet makes it possible for us to share that love because a few people cared enough to dream the dream and to make it real for each of us.

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

64 Likes

Polite and reasonable replies are important. But I think it is also important not to forget that people have feelings and should be allowed to express them. I don’t agree with rude comments and with country-degrading comments but I think everyone who disagrees or just feels upset about the measure (and who on postcrossing forum wouldn’t?) should be allowed to express their feelings here without too much judgement from others. Let’s be honest, it sucks to be put on hold! I’m so sorry it’s happened.

16 Likes

It’s a letter. @littlesthobo And it’s the same system.

Croatian postal system differs between registered (your example) and non registered mail (postcards), so it is certainly not a part of the same system. The procedure is completely different from the moment of sending.

3 Likes

I have the proof of Turkey too.And for myself, more and more mails coming into my mailbox this days.So I think it is back to normal now, at least in my city.So like they did in Ukraine, they can recovery part by part.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve seen this posted in this thread, but there is an official notification from China Post listed on the USPS website:

China

4-4-22

China Post advises that to prevent further transmission of COVID-19 the processing of inbound mail is temporarily affected at Shanghai, Changchun and Yanji mail processing centers until further notice. Inbound mail received by these offices of exchange cannot be processed or transported to sorting centers/delivery offices. This delays processing, transiting and delivery of inbound mail, as well as updating of electronic messages and responses to online customer inquiries.

11 Likes

German Post has a note about the current situation, too.

Source

11 Likes

When we can received postcard.Do you have a some standard?
@Bille

I don’t really “blame” the postcrossing team for this. I guess I didn’t use any impolite words to attack them. I just wanna express why we feel so bad for this decision and hope people from other places could understand the situation we are facing…

7 Likes