:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

Postal Monitor was updated for:
Brazil.

@Luziaceleste Thank you for the report, as usual!

Hi, @Kinroy. We are not following EMS or Commercial routes. We are monitoring POS UDARA LN.

1 Like

I’m not sure this fits here or not, but I couldn’t find mention of it in the thread.

Sweden accepts post from Russia and Belarus, however PostNord won’t deliver it until they can find a solution to check if there is anything that is against the sanctions.

Hi, @Jarulf
Thank you for the post.
It sounds like they allow postförsÀndelser to Russia and Belarus, but försÀndelser are suspended.

My understanding is that postförsÀndelser = letter post (letters and postcards) and försÀndelser = goods (parcels). Commercial/personal parcel shipments could violate the economic sanctions, but simple letters and postcards would unlikely do.
Postcrossing monitors only letter post suspensions.

If my interpretation is wrong, please let me know. Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve mailed them and asked for a clarification.

Updates from Hong Kong and Taiwan:
Since July 23th, all postal services from Hong Kong to Macao resume.
https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/about_us/whats_new/press_release/index_id_905.html

Since August 26th, letter-post services from Taiwan to Cambodia、Spain、Austria、Slovak Rep.、Lithuania、Hungary、Latvia、Brazil、Chile、Peru and South Africa resume.
https://www.post.gov.tw/post/internet/U_english2/index.jsp?ID=35020101&news_no=52259&control_type=page&news_cat=201&group_name=&news_type=latest_news

2 Likes

I just got a reply, and they clarified that they are not delivering anything from Russia or Belarus, including letters. No mention of postcards specifically, but I guess they are treated as letters.

PostNord updated their above notice yesterday, but it says basically the same as previously

Has anyone in Sweden received any postcards from Belarus lately? I know Russians can’t send to us.

I haven’t received anything from Belarus lately

In my call with the post office today, it was revealed that sending mail to Canada and Australia has been resumed. Unfortunately, the route to Russia is still blocked.

1 Like

Hi, @Jarulf.
Is PostNord referring to mail sent from Russia/Belarus to Sweden, or from Sweden to Russia/Belarus ?

International postal routes are not interchangeable.
“Country A cannot send to Country B” does not mean “Country B cannot send to Country A.” For example, Japan cannot send mail to Russia, but Russia can send to Japan.

That’s why Postal monitor lists only “suspended sending destinations” (not receiving).
My question is “Does Sweden send letters to Russia/Belarus?”

1 Like

Thank you for pointing that out — somehow we missed that one.

We are aware, but we’ll wait for the 26th to make the changes to avoid confusion at the post office counter.

1 Like

Postal Monitor was updated for:
Austria, Georgia, Hong Kong, Iran, Peru.

1 Like

Sweden can send to both Russia and Belarus.
Anything sent from those countries to Sweden will be kept by PostNord, untill they have found a technical solution to check that nothing is breaking the sanctions.
Once they have that, they’ll resume delivery.

It seems weird to include postcards in this, but I suspect PostNord treats postcards and letters exactly the same way and probably can’t be bothered to separate rhem. (e.g they cost the same to send)

This is my understanding of the situation.

I don’t know exactly how to inform the moderators of the site =(I’m not sure that the postal communication between Russia and Italy, and Russia and the Netherlands still takes place.The post office has already returned me three postcards (two to the Netherlands and one to Italy) marked “no exchange”.I do not know what to do

You may contact the team here: Contact us

According to Russian Post’s website we CAN send to Italy and Netherlands. So you should probably complain to Russian Post that your mail was returned.

3 Likes

As @miriginger mentioned, according to the Russian Post information, those destinations should be accepted. I looked at Postcrossing’s data, and there are many postcards from Russia being registered in both Italy and the Netherlands, so it seems to work. Maybe a confused postal worker?

1 Like

https://www.post.gov.tw/post/internet/U_english2/index.jsp?ID=35020101&news_no=43940&control_type=page&news_cat=201&group_name=&news_type=latest_news
The table on the website has been updated, and I think it means that letter-post services are now available again to 11 countries mentioned above.

2 Likes

Brazil can send to Peru!

2 Likes

Also restored again to Sri Lanka and North Macedonia! :+1:

1 Like

Hi @frankiedarv :wave: — welcome to the forum!

There are many postcards currently being delivered in Russia from the UK, so unless the situation has changed very recently (last few days), Royal Mail is sending to Russia. You can check their own official information here (scroll down for details about Russia). There may be some restrictions in place in terms of parcel contents due to sanctions, but the letter post service has been working.