MADISON Wisconsin Meetup - Saturday, October 15th, 2022 - 12-4 pm

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Madison Wisconsin
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Memorial Union at UW-Madison, 800 Langdon Street, Madison, WI
:calendar: DATE: Saturday, October 15, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12:00 - 4:00 pm Central Time
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

12:00 - 1:00 pm - A walking tour of places to buy postcards on State Street (optional)

Meet at the Forward statue at the Capitol steps on the corner of West Mifflin and North Carroll Streets, also known as “the top of State Street”. Walk down State Street stopping at various shops that sell postcards: the Historical Museum, Madison Museum of Contemporary Art (tentative), Anthology, UW Bookstore, and ending at the Memorial Union

1:00 - 4:00 pm - Meetup in the Memorial Union (specific room TBD by 10/7)

Meet fellow Postcrossers and sign cards to your heart’s content, although a name stamp isn’t a bad idea. There will also be a Free Table where you can bring those postcards and supplies that you don’t want and would like to see re-homed. There will also be additional postcards for sale. Everyone can contribute to the Free Table and the Postcard Sale (also optional).

Meetup card is available. See below for additional info.

Please, please, please, use the RSVP buttons to let us know if you are coming.

This information will be cross-posted on the Postcrossing Madison Facebook page (also optional).

1 Like

Unless something happens, I’ll be there!

2 Likes

I’m planning to come! Thank you for hosting/organizing this!

1 Like

The meetup card is available! Once again, cards are 25¢ each and they can be mailed to you in advance or you can pick them up at the meetup. I will let you know the mailing cost before I send them. You can message me here and pay via check, PayPal, or Venmo. Or cash at the meetup. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hello can we swap

Yeah! I actually am not working for this one. Looking forward to it :two_hearts:

1 Like

Yay! I’m so glad to hear that you are able to come!

I plan to come too! Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Hello Kristina,
I wish you and all meeting participants a great afternoon !
all the best from vienna
karl

1 Like

I plan to attend.

1 Like

Great! Glad to hear it! You will be our first member to attend from Illinois :smiley: Represent!

Herzlichen Dank, Karl! It will be fun, I’m sure! There’s already a card with your name on it :smiley:
With best wishes from Wisconsin!
-Kristina

How many of these cards can we purchase? I’m planning to attend Saturday!

1 Like

Hi!

I’m glad to hear you’re coming! You can buy as many cards as you’d like! We have lots :blush:

Sadly, my husband and I are both sick. I can’t be there this weekend. I don’t want to risk getting others sick. Have a blast and happy poscrossing to all of you!!!

@adna55906 I’m so sorry to hear that. I get it, though. I missed a meetup in June because my husband got sick and then I got sick after he did :expressionless: Take care of yourselves! Did you order any cards? Let me know if you want me to mail any to you :blush:

I didn’t order any cards. Thanks for asking though! Yeah, this was going to be a weekend away for both of us, we’ll have to plan another.