LOTTERY ✿ North America Winner of the Month (NA WOTM) ✿ **APRIL 2023**

Woohoo, great to be the winner for this month! Some great cards have come in:

@breeze2902 Hyrtl skull collection at Mütter Museum. Very cool. This place is on my list to visit.
Thanks

@louloufish we have a few covered bridges in CT. Thanks for sharing this one in Ontario

@yobriannas fun UFO bingo card and great old stamps. Thanks!

@sarahaeyo great card, old stamps, and a hand cancel. Cool. Salisbury CT, you might find more cars from NY than CT. The Connecticut Historical Society has a collection of old inn signs that is interesting . Thanks. Works – Tavern and Inn Signs – Collections – eMuseum

@RockyRoadTrip lovely Las Vegas skull card. Looking forward to the cards first the month!
Thanks

@twinb99 yum, a great Lou Paper cheese card, thank you!

@TravelWithMe yes, a Postcrossing llama. Thank you

5 Likes

:wink: it’s interesting that I was included in this list. I sent the bridge but didn’t ask for the WotM address. can I get that please? I will make sure to send another postcard as well.

Can I get the address?

Thanks, @uconn, for the awesome chick card! I love the vintage stamps you chose, too. No complaints here! Congrats on winning WOTM!!

3 Likes

Address sent to all above.

Remember, if you send a card to this month’s winner, you can be in the running for next month’s drawing and potentially be May’s lucky winner.

@StephofYorktown appreciate the card, even though you aren’t eligible to win again yet! Some tasty cuisine “in hell”. Great weather today in CT, we’re cooking on the grill soon.

Plenty of time for more entries for next month’s winner

1 Like

I know I’m not eligible to win again, but wanted to send a card anyway.

2 Likes

Some great cards to add. Still time for others to enter for May! :smile:

@toadallycool love the old stamps and hand cancel. Great vintage reprint with Easter egg. Thanks

@SharonMI great to get this vintage linen card. Thanks!

2 Likes

That’s a terrific Mackinac Island card!
Before it got crowded!

And yes, there’s still time to take part in this fun drawing.

Now is the time to get in on May’s WOTM drawing - before the end of April arrives. Simply ask for Uconn’s mailing address here in a reply. I’ll message it to you. Send him a postcard with your name and address on the back and be entered in a random drawing to be next month’s surprise winner.

If your card is picked, trust me, you’ll love getting all the fun cards from everyone else!

Rocky30

2 Likes

I’m glad you liked the hand cancel!! I did it myself! :smile:

1 Like

I have an odd question I need advice for. My school year is coming to an end, so I’ll be away from my postbox. I love this thread but I’m wondering if I’m able to refrain from being picked, even though it is done at random, since it wouldn’t be fair for everyone to wait to see their cards in September! Would everyone be alright with me still participating?

The problem with that might be that WOTM is “the curse that keeps on giving”, ie if you are chosen as May’s winner, you have to pick June’s winner from everyone who sent you a card and then “manage” that month by sending out the addy as people request it.

If you’re not around to do that, or don’t have all the May cards to choose from, the WOTM might essentially come to a halt.

There’s no SCOTUS here, but my suggestion would be to recuse yourself from this month and rejoin when your address is once again stable?

Does anyone know of a possible workaround?

Rocky30

I ask @Beachyblonde to weigh in on suggestions for scenarios like this :smile:

2 Likes

Some more cards to report :v:

@sannah82 thanks for this Bridal Cave card. What a bargain :grinning:

@ladybug513 great roadside duck. They’ve put fake coyotes up at work to keep the Canadian geese from nesting near the building, but they come right up to it!

1 Like

@halflingstory love these ‘beings’ thanks for this one

2 Likes

@louloufish the real card arrived today, thank you! Weekly World News was the best

2 Likes

Can’t @uconn just exclude your card from the drawing for May? Then, if you wanted to continue to send cards over the summer, you could still sign up and send cards without putting your address on them so the new winners know not to choose you.

1 Like

I would really appreciate that! I love sending cards but can’t receive any until Labor Day. I know that may be a hassle for some but I think that’s a great idea if everyone is on board.

1 Like

I really don’t see how anyone could object :thinking: If you are willing to send cards without the chance of being the next winner, what’s the harm in that? :grinning:

One more for April arrived. With a Belize stamp! Awesome
Thanks @KristinaGisela

May group is open, look there to get a card to the new winner!

2 Likes