Ι lost the id for a postcard to send.now what i should do?

dear postcrossingers!
i have a problem.
i forgot to write the id password on the card, and i lost the id afterwards!
how can i solve this problem now>!!!

1 Like

You can still see the ID on the travelling site of your account. It’s there until the card gets registered (or one year has passed by)

2 Likes

Postcrossing will also send you an e-mail with the postcard ID and the address of the recipient. can’t remember if that’s an optional extra or not but I get one for every requested address.

1 Like

Welcome to Postcrossing @Anna2023
I am pretty sure that we have all made this mistake at least once!

If you need the ID you can look in your travelling list.

If someone receives a card and the ID is missing, they can make a request to the Help team for the ID. You can find this under the Help menu.

You should try to remember to write the ID but the postcard will still be registered if the recipient knows to ask for help.

7 Likes

amanda and roving thank you so much! have a nice day ! i m new here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome! Enjoy your stay with us all and remember to have fun!

You can always message the person and explain that you forgot to put the ID on it. Someone did that recently for me- they messaged me the postcard ID number and described the card. When I received it I was able to register it even though they forgot to write it on the physical card.

3 Likes

thank you so much :slight_smile:

thank you for the supportive feedback!
i feel a part of our community with these small actis of listening and answering.

warmest regards to you muddypawprints and to all!
love, from greece!
anna :slight_smile:

1 Like