Lost postcard

Hi all!

Let me explain the situation:
A post office worker where I usually drop off my postcards came across a postcard without any address. Since I’m pretty much the only guy that hands him postcards that I send here with Postcrossing, he thought it was mine.
But it isn’t. It is written in Dutch, from Opa and Oma to someone called Floor. It has a date on top (17/06/23), and it has a stamp, still intact because it doesn’t have any address.

Now I don’t know what to do with it… :sweat_smile:

What are your suggestions?

Cheers,
Rafa

2 Likes

I think it’s better to leave the card at the post office :sweat_smile:
But you’ve brought it home, so maybe you can give it back to the post office because it’s not yours

I’ve received some “lost” cards which aren’t mine to my address because the similarity of the street name. If it’s close enough, I drop by the card to the address written there, if it’s quite far I just give it back to the postman when next mail come

2 Likes

Seems like Grandpa and Grandma (Opa and Oma) were on vacation in Portugal in June and sent their grandchild a card!
But there are many Floors in the Netherlands so it is like searching for a needle in a hay stack!

2 things I can think of:

1. The address was written but the ink was heat sensitive → put it in the freezer to see if it returns
  2. Start a social media search, publishing pictures of the card and ask Dutch postcrossers to share your message, maybe we find Floor!
5 Likes

wow, this is an interesting situation. as i am the only person in my area that belong to postcrossing, i would receive postcards not addressed to myself. some are miss-sent and others are mistake put in my box.
it sounds like a quest for you to solved. but after reading your message, how do you know that opa and oma are members of postcrossing or being sent to, if floors is a member of postcrossing. please keep the forum inform of your journey if you do try to solve the case of the missing address on the postcard to the netherlands.