Searching in Messages!

Hello all!

Can anyone help me to navigate an easier way to read my messages? I’m trying to find some Postcrossers that I swapped with to let them know their mail arrived and to send them thanks but I have so many messages and responses, I’ve lost their contact! (No Username was written on their mail, just their irl name)

I don’t want to send a bad impression by not being able to reply, any help is appreciated!!! :cold_sweat:

Is anyone else confused by the chat system or just me? Is it easier to navigate on a computer? (I’m on a mobile website)

9 Likes

Try to search for their irl name in the messages (maybe they wrote it there, too).

2 Likes

Hi Shiar, one of the things I found very useful was to keep a short list of all my swaps, tags etc on my computer or in a notepad. Most folks in the Forum have some kind of tracking system of their own beyond their private messages.

I keep it really simple:

Swap/Tag, Real First Name, ID name, Country, date of trade, what I’m sending & date I sent it - sometimes if it’s a very special swap I add what they’re going to send me too.

For example:
Swap - Susie - susieq-Narnia - Sept 10th - sent Blue Polar bears Sept 13th

And I put 2 ** at the front of the word Swap when I first record it & take one star off, once I’ve actually mailed it so I know I’ve done it.

Find a system that works for you!

9 Likes

Thank you! I dont get that option on the mobile site… I’ll try on a computer!

I love this idea! I need to make a system ASAP :sweat_smile: I will definitely use your format! Thank you for sharing! You just saved a Postcrosser in need :joy::two_hearts:

5 Likes

You can do it on mobile, too. Either type in:messages or use the advance options and tick the box.

5 Likes

You can try searching in your mails, I all the time search my mails and go to that specific discussion or chat, and Thank the sender.
I would like if we have only one personal message kind of feature with person like social media, so we can keep track.
But I have no problem with current chat system

2 Likes

So amazing feature, saving it for future references:)
Thank you so much :blush:

2 Likes

I am trying to search for certain addresses in my inbox using country/name

though I am trying to search in the search option adding " in my messages " filter but it’s coming up with no results :confused:

I am trying to find with name, and other keywords even that is still coming no results :confused:

please help this person with one functioning brain cell :confused:

1 Like

From the description it sounds like you are doing it the correct way. So here’s another hint:
sometimes the search doesn’t work, most probably when the site is under high load. In my experience it often works when you hit search again 1 or 2 times.

Just to be sure:

Go to your inbox and use the :mag: It will look like this:

type whatever keyword you’re looking for and hit Enter

Or if you use the advance search: either tick the box in my messages or type in:messages before you enter the keyword you’re looking for.

3 Likes

:sob: it’s not coming :sob::broken_heart:

In phone you don’t have this direct search
Pls help in this case

this is the direct link to the search: https://community.postcrossing.com/search?context=topic&context_id=640906&q=in%3Amessages%20usa&skip_context=true

1 Like

it’s actually almost the same on mobile

1 Like

@ilenia & @Cassiopheia : I have been doing this only but it doesn’t show :sob::pensive: but okay like you said might be traffic that is causing it not work properly :broken_heart:

Have you tried to search @username? I think it really helps me to find the exact message.

1 Like

This :arrow_up:

The main reason why I was searching is the fact that the person didn’t write their username :broken_heart:

Ohh I got it now…Yes I also find it difficult to search in messages without the @ , sometimes I just search the exact message by myself one by one…

1 Like

:sob::broken_heart: now that’s what I am left to do :broken_heart: