Looking for places to buy and send postcards

Hi, next month i will travel to Greece, Athens and Meteora, i would like to know where can i buy postcards ( i think that touristics one i can easily find) and where post office or mailboxes are, in this case i need to know where can i buy the stamps and the rate for Europe.
Thank you so much for your help,
Rosana

Dear Rosana,
Postcards are available at kiosks in touristic areas: Syntagma Square and Monastiraki in Athens, and also in Kalambaka near Meteora. However postcards for sale are nowdays uncommon in other places, almost nobody uses the postal service anymore.

You will find Post Offices in Athens at Syntagma Square and near Omonoia Square (100 Aiolou Street). They are open Monday-Friday, 07:30 to 14:30 (Syntagma Square P/O remains open longer). There used to be a P/O at Kalambaka, I don’t know if it survived the recent closures.

The rate for a postcard is currently 2 euros worldwide. You might order stamps from the P/O on-line shop : https://philotelismos.gr/en/

1 Like

Thank you so much for all the information. I wanna try to make an order to send some postcards from origin.
Greetings from Spain,
Rosana

Also don’t use any mailbox, only those located at post offices.

For the rest you cannot be sure wether they actually collect the mail.

1 Like

Thank you so much, this is a really important information that i need to know.
Rosana

today at the post office i was refused to buy 20 eur worth of stamps, because “these are the last stamps, we no longer will be using stamps next year”.

sounded like BS, tbh, since new stamps are being released. but if not - whats the alternative to sending mail without waiting in lines at the post office?