Linocuts and carved stamps

These are beautiful! Do the ones with the plastic covers and buttons/sequins through the post okay on their own, or do you put them in an envelope? :nerd_face:

Oh i don’t try it so far to send the cards without envelope :grimacing:… i have the fear that the cards get wet or dirty on the postway… and my messages are too long, so i need the full space on the card :rofl::face_with_hand_over_mouth::sweat_smile::woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Thank you for showing the tools, I think this has to be my project for this year…
The rabbit stamps, the envelope and the smallest tea pot are made out of a normal rubber that you can buy in every store, the others are a material I bought in an art shop.

1 Like

They are really good and also really high quality :slight_smile:
We don’t have a set but bought those ones we really need as single ones. Quite some investment - but really worth it, as it’s so much more fun to carve with good tools!

(Also for carving linoleum: It’s much easier to carve it if you warm it up a little!)

Still I keep those for linoleum carving and rubber carving strictly separate from each other :wink:

I never saw where to buy that pink rubber for carving stamps in Germany. (Though I saw it in various pictures on the WWW where it was used, I’d love to try that!)

4 Likes

Yes, “quite some investment” pretty much sums up me and all of my hobbies!
:money_with_wings: :money_with_wings:

4 Likes

I think this conversation deserves its own topic, so I’m moving these posts here. :slight_smile:

I haven’t touched my linoleum tools in so long… you all are giving me the motivation I need to go search for them again!

4 Likes

Oh…! It reminds me the tools I used when my dad taught how to carve bottle gourd to make a bowl out of it and decorate it when I was young. Nice memories. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I don’t know where these tools are now, and don’t remember where is the one he had into a bag. I’ll try to ask where it is and post the picture.
Sorry, it has nothing to do with the subject. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Great idea for a new topic @meiadeleite! I wonder if there is anyone else out there making lino stamps for their letters and postcards!

Thank you for this topic… I discovered lino during the lockdown last year. I live in India so it’s kind of hard to get lino sheets and tools but I happened to find few and started practicing.

52 Likes

These look so beautiful

1 Like

I had this one as gift by japanese postocrosser some years ago. :blush:

24 Likes

I have made cards using lino printing, this was a test of how it’s going, and I’m happy I did it as it ended up looking much nicer than the ready one :grin: personally I like even how I still see the crumbles made their own marks and how this makes me remember the process (which I often like more than the end result).

8 Likes

What kind of paper do you all print on generally??

For postcards I print linoprints on white 300gsm cardstock (Bristol paper) or even 400gsm cardstock.
Bristol is really good for postcards because of it’s stiffness.

If I want to print on coloured paper I take whatever I can get hold of with a smooth but not glossy surface. I it’s not sufficiently sturdy for postcards, I glue it onto another cardstock.

3 Likes

I haven’t used any of my stamps for Postcrossing, but I’ve carved a few for letterboxing:

Maybe it would be fun to carve some for use on postcards too…

48 Likes

These are amazing — so intricate! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley:
I didn’t draw the artwork they’re based on myself, but I was really pleased with the carve and how they came out. I’m new to the hobby and still figuring out what tools and techniques work best for me. It can be tricky to get some of the fine details and it usually takes me ages to complete a carve, but it’s also very satisfying!

1 Like

These are so good!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

These are great. I was given a lino print kit for Christmas and I haven’t done much with it. I’m now inspired. Thank you.

Give it a try and show us what you made! :blush:

1 Like