✅ Links in bio

Forgive me if this is already asked elsewhere or if it’s the wrong place to post it.

I participate in favorites tags. I’ve noticed that when I click the link to someone’s favorites that is included in the post, it opens in a new window. But when I click the links in a person’s user card, those don’t open in a new window (at least for me). I’m finding it to be a bit inconvenient when links don’t open in a new tab. I’m wondering if it’s just me?

1 Like

I’ve just clicked the link in your user card, it didn’t open a new window.

You can open it in a new window/tab if you right click the link. If you just click the link it indeed opens in the same window.

If you use a computer mouse you can click the link with the wheel for opening in a new tab.

1 Like

I never knew that - thanks a lot for the hint! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@HickreeNut: There’s a setting in your account preferences to choose how external links open (current window vs new one). However, there’s currently a bug that someone reported some time ago — sorry, can’t remember who! — where this is not working for the links in the bio, which I think is what you bumped into.

However, this has been fixed a couple of days ago by the Discourse team. We will get it here on a future update (unfortunately, not the one we’ll be getting here soon, but it will come eventually! :sweat_smile:)

1 Like