LGBT+ or Pride stamps 🌈

There seem to be a lot of lovely stamps on the theme of LGBT+ or pride being released recently, so I think we could open a topic here to collect them!

Here are a few I’ve seen just in the past few weeks, from the UK, Norway and Israel:

Has your country released stamps on this theme? Or do you perhaps have a favorite one from another country? Please share!

44 Likes

Switzerland just released this one.

24 Likes

Germany has/had a stamp celebrating Magnus Hirschfeld, an early queer activist:

17 Likes

Deutsche Post Philatelie Team sold this on the Cologne Pride last weekend:

23 Likes

This one from Spain is pretty straightforward!

17 Likes

Germany - private post Citipost

5 Likes

I don’t think anyone mentioned this one from Argentina yet:

I believe it was launched in 2014, as part of a series of stamps celebrating advances in equality, inclusion and citizenship.

16 Likes

Australia released a set of two stamps back in October 2019 to celebrate marriage equality becoming law on 9 December 2017.

As the Australia Post Collectables website notes, ‘The Marriage Amendment (Definition and Religious Freedoms) Act 2017 amended The Marriage Act 1961, which now states that marriage is the “union of 2 people to the exclusion of all others, voluntarily entered into for life”. This effectively removes any discrimination that existed against same-sex couples in law. The act also recognises existing and future same-sex marriages occurring overseas under the law of a foreign country.’

Here are the two stamps:

17 Likes

This is the full UK set including the £1.85 stamps.

12 Likes

To celebrate Canada’s 150th anniversary, Canada issued in 2017 a set of maple-shaped stamps to commemorate what are considered to be the milestones in Canadian history. Legalisation of gay marriage in 2005 was one of these milestones.

I made this cover in 2020 but due to the pandemic, only got the stamp cancelled this year, in Montreal’s Gay Village, on 20 July – the day marriage equality became law in Canada.

22 Likes

pr14_026

A much more subdued approach from the US in 2014. Given the homophobia here in certain quarters, I’m surprised USPS wasn’t “cancelled.” No pun intended

16 Likes

I stumbled upon these 2 stamps from 2017, from Denmark! :rainbow:

14 Likes

EuroPride Amsterdam 2016:

8 Likes

These are Greece’s stamps. Year 2021 :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

Got this from Canada some time ago. :smile:

9 Likes

Germany issued a “Diversity Stamp” which I quite like:

grafik

They write:

With 83.7 million inhabitants, the Federal Republic of Germany is the most populous country in the European Union - and also one of the most diverse: 22.3 million people have a migration background, according to two studies from 2016 there are more than 400 religions and ideological communities and far more 6 million people identify themselves as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans* or intersex or queer (LGBTIQ*). The 7.8 million people living in Germany with a severe disability and the growing number of different lifestyles also contribute to diversity in society.

The perception is quite different: while some perceive the diversity of society as an advantage and opportunity, others see it primarily as a challenge or even a threat. With its numerous shapes and colorful symbols, the special postage stamp “Diversity - Diversity in Germany” expresses the fact that the diversity of people is less of a problem and more of an enrichment.

Translation by Google, German original from https://shop.deutschepost.de/diversitaet-vielfalt-in-deutschland-briefmarke-zu-0-85-eur-10er-bogen :

Die Bundesrepublik Deutschland ist mit 83,7 Millionen Einwohnern das bevölkerungsreichste Land der Europäischen Union - und auch eines der vielfältigsten: 22,3 Millionen Menschen haben einen Migrationshintergrund, laut zweier Studien aus dem Jahr 2016 gibt es mehr als 400 Religionen und Weltanschauungsgemeinschaften und weit über 6 Millionen Menschen bezeichnen sich selbst als lesbisch, schwul, bisexuell, trans*- oder intergeschlechtlich oder queer (LGBTIQ*). Auch die 7,8 Millionen Menschen, die mit einer schweren Behinderung in Deutschland leben, sowie die wachsende Zahl unterschiedlicher Lebensstile tragen zur Vielfalt in der Gesellschaft bei.

Die Wahrnehmung ist durchaus unterschiedlich: Während die einen die Vielfältigkeit der Gesellschaft als Vorteil und Chance empfinden, sehen andere darin vor allem Herausforderungen oder gar eine Bedrohung. Dass die Verschiedenheit der Menschen weniger ein Problem, sondern eine Bereicherung darstellt, drückt das Sonderpostwertzeichen “Diversität - Vielfalt in Deutschland” mit den zahlreichen Formen und farbenfrohen Symbolen aus.

8 Likes

Vintage (1985?) and maybe not intentional? USPS issue.

8 Likes

Sweden issued a rainbow flag stamp in 2016. I visited there that year and used it on some mail I sent home to myself :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Lovely topic :slight_smile:
:new_zealand: 2021 New Zealand’s Pride stamps

9 Likes