Kilometers travelled

I have made a label with ID and weather icons, and I was thinking of also mentioning the kilometers my postcard had to travel to reach the destination.
But I was wondering if people would be interested in this information? :thinking:

I am not interested.
You should make a poll about this.

I think it’s like weather on postcards. Some postcrossers like it, some don’t want. I mean, it’s up to you anyway, so if you want to mention kilometres, do it. As for me, I enjoy the diversity in postcards and the way they are written.

2 Likes

I find these labels a waste of space. Sure, discuss it in your message, but it’s very boring when half the back of the card is a generic, decorative sticker.

7 Likes

That’s a cute idea. I like that!

1 Like

I find the information interesting, but not necessarily on the card - I can see that when I register the card at the PC site anyway. And I don’t like super large stickers at my cards :wink:

7 Likes

You could always make the labels, then read the profile of who you’re sending it to. If they talk about being interested in the weather, then you attach a label, if they don’t, then you save the label for another card.

This is one piece of information I almost always put on the card, but in a place where it won’t take away too much space from the message I am writing. Often I use the left edge of the card to write my ID the second time, as Postcrossing recommends, and there is room after that to write in the kilometers traveled. Or I squeeze it in someplace else. I figure, the people to whom it doesn’t matter can just ignore it, and the people to whom it is interesting will appreciate it.

6 Likes

I’ve seen, rarely, people just writing it on the card. To me, it is not interesting, I never paid attention to it until recently, when I noticed some of my cards (e.g. to the USA) travel 15,000 km… that’s a lot! :open_mouth: And “home” in Europe is like 10,000 km! Whaaat?! And Australia appears to be as far from here as Moscow?!

But yeah, until last year I never really noticed it.