Keep getting postcards from same person

Multiple cards in an envelope is totally fine; I was imagining someone hanging onto a random address and repeatedly sending cards one at a time over a longer span of time, without having had other communication with the recipient. In the latter case, as the recipient, I would be suspicious of the intent.

2 Likes

Yes, the long period of time would be a bit creepyā€¦ like receiving cards for a whole year without a reply from the receiver :thinking: But not in the case when theyā€™re sent quite simultanously.

4 Likes

I do honestly think itā€™s kind of creepy but I guess doesnā€™t actually break any rules? So other than a PM to ask them to stop Iā€™m not really sure what you can do.

2 Likes

Too right! Too right!!! :slight_smile:

Is there something about the profile, cards, or the messages that seems suspicious? Iā€™d have taken it as a free gift if there is nothing to indicate itā€™s not. I have sent multiple cards in some cases as a thanks to a really awesome card or I have extras that someone says they canā€™t live without, but I always state the reason and that itā€™s a free gift.
And just wondering? Why is it just Americans (like myself) that find this suspicious? Too many episodes of Investigation Discovery?

4 Likes

Once I recieved two cards in an envelope, and one other time a sender sent two separate cards, but explained in both cards to expect them. A few times Iā€™ve gotten thank you cards, but I knew they were coming. But never four cards from the same person/ID. Iā€™d tell the sender thanks, but that no more cards are necessary.

1 Like

He has sent me 3 so farā€¦each card has a message theme of things he loves which is positive/uplifting! (For those unfamiliar with the US we have had waaaay tooo much negativity for quite some time). I think he may have bought several of those 100 cards in a box and needs to move them along. But it fills my mailbox and thatā€™s ok with me

1 Like

Letā€™s consider the possibility that the sender is committing a random act of kindness and generosity. Seems like the Postcrosser way.

7 Likes