Keep getting postcards from same person

lucky you!

@chanel480, I unterstand that you’re searching help, but it makes me feel uncomfortable that you posted the written side of the cards here so that it’s very easy to find the person you’re talking about (like @CoralieR promptly did).

I suggest that you keep it more anonymously next time - in my opinion it isn’t right to discuss behaviour of other Postcrossers publicly, without them knowing it. :neutral_face: An alternative way would be to ask the admins about it.

Could you please remove the pictures, and @CoralieR the name of the Postcrosser in question from your posts? Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

Sure !

1 Like

@Cassisia
I’m totally with you because of posting the backside of the cards.
But @chanel480 can’t delete the photo by herself , because it is ever seen in the editing history.
I flag the post now and ask the admins to delete the picture.
That is what the TO and everyone of you can do in such a case - please do it directly if you see something like that .

1 Like

@chanel480
If you don’t want that the user send you more cards, you can inform him about that in a friendly way…
However, I suspect that all cards have all already reached you or will arrive in the next few days.

But as yudi said: I would be happy if the user would draw my address and send me more than one card.
I’ve already sent 2 cards to users because I couldn’t decide which card to send.

2 Likes

Will do. Thanks for the hint!

1 Like

I, too, hope that very nice and kind Postcrosser will draw my address to send me a card (cards!) to.

Because personally, I love for people to be kind and generous! :heart:

See, this here shows, that even if someone is being nice it is a problem. :roll_eyes: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :astonished: :cry:

I should probably never send a thank you card then. Just in case it freaks someone out!!!

And, I’m afraid, I didn’t realize it was a problem, that sometimes I got more than one card myself in the past! Maybe I can still worry about it in hindsight! :innocent:

2 Likes

Well, over the years I had a number of experiences that did surprise me, like people sending several cards unsolicited and then expected several cards back from me.
Or once I got 7 cards from different kids of the same class in India, same ID, all sent individually over the course of a week or so. This made me feel bad because they would not receive the same amount of cards back and clearly that school had not really understood the concept. I reached out and offered to send cards for the class, but never received a reply.

So unless the sender clearly communicates their intention of being extra generous, I might wonder as well what was behind it.

4 Likes

I read another forum post about sending multiple cards just for fun. I like this idea as I have so many on hand…today I drew a cat profile (which I love as i am a multi-pet owner) and they mentioned a small human brother so I am sending a card to each of them. I think I may randomly send extras as a way of thinning my pile and expanding the joy!

6 Likes

I would not recommend doing this, and advise extreme caution if you proceed anyway. What seems generous to you may seem like persistent unwanted attention to others. Postcrossers expect one and only one card, except in the aforementioned case that someone re-sends due to potential loss.

Please check profiles to see if users are interested in direct swaps first, then ask permission to send multiple cards.

10 Likes

I don’t agree. Receiving multiple cards is not that uncommon, well most of the times they’re all in one envelope, but that’s not always the case. Until I stumbled into this specific topic I’ve only read (very) positive reactions to it.

7 Likes

Perhaps some members would be uncomfortable receiving an extra card but I think most would be fine with it. I know I appreciate getting a surprise now & then!

5 Likes

Multiple cards in an envelope is totally fine; I was imagining someone hanging onto a random address and repeatedly sending cards one at a time over a longer span of time, without having had other communication with the recipient. In the latter case, as the recipient, I would be suspicious of the intent.

2 Likes

Yes, the long period of time would be a bit creepy… like receiving cards for a whole year without a reply from the receiver :thinking: But not in the case when they’re sent quite simultanously.

4 Likes

I do honestly think it’s kind of creepy but I guess doesn’t actually break any rules? So other than a PM to ask them to stop I’m not really sure what you can do.

2 Likes

Too right! Too right!!! :slight_smile:

Is there something about the profile, cards, or the messages that seems suspicious? I’d have taken it as a free gift if there is nothing to indicate it’s not. I have sent multiple cards in some cases as a thanks to a really awesome card or I have extras that someone says they can’t live without, but I always state the reason and that it’s a free gift.
And just wondering? Why is it just Americans (like myself) that find this suspicious? Too many episodes of Investigation Discovery?

4 Likes

Once I recieved two cards in an envelope, and one other time a sender sent two separate cards, but explained in both cards to expect them. A few times I’ve gotten thank you cards, but I knew they were coming. But never four cards from the same person/ID. I’d tell the sender thanks, but that no more cards are necessary.

1 Like

He has sent me 3 so far…each card has a message theme of things he loves which is positive/uplifting! (For those unfamiliar with the US we have had waaaay tooo much negativity for quite some time). I think he may have bought several of those 100 cards in a box and needs to move them along. But it fills my mailbox and that’s ok with me

1 Like

Let’s consider the possibility that the sender is committing a random act of kindness and generosity. Seems like the Postcrosser way.

7 Likes