Just wanna share my happiness with y’all

I purchased lots of postcards from FB marketplace today. I bought from a lady and she said she found these from her mom’s storage. I just went though everything roughly and it was so amazing! There are about 52 postcard books, bunch of postcard sets and many postcards from all over the world. All of these postcards for $30 and I have no idea how many of them total. About 98% were unposted. It’s probably the best deal ever.

I’ve never seen these kind of postcard books before. They were published in 1980s and about $6 each.

90 Likes

Lucky you - enjoy!

2 Likes

I bet the lady you bought them from has no idea how happy this find made a Postcrosser! :grin::heart_eyes:

6 Likes

That’s amazing!

I would love to see what is in the “Story of the Titanic” book! :heart_eyes: If you ever have time to take some photos :blush:

2 Likes

Awesome haul, Violet!!

1 Like

wow.

1 Like

It really made my day. I couldn’t focus on my work today, just wanna go home and see them​:laughing::laughing:

6 Likes

Hope you are able to see the description on the pictures. These are so awesome. I’ve never seen postcards about Titanic before

20 Likes

Didn’t know McDonald’s does that.

4 Likes

Wow!
Sounds like that seller’s mom was a PostCrosser.
I bet many of us will have stashes like that when we pass that will be perhaps sold by relatives not into our hobby.
Our only hope is they are acquired by someone like you who will appreciate them.

9 Likes

WooHoo!

:slot_machine: JACKPOT :moneybag:

2 Likes

Thank you! They are really wonderful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wow!!! So luckyy!!
A few months ago, i also made a nice deal with a local vintage shop, i bought a bunch of Marylin Monroe vintage postcards for a very low price :slight_smile: Happy Postcrossing :heart_eyes:

Update: i just went to check the FB market, and i just found a lot of seller’s near where i live selling postcards and stamps!! Wow thank you for the idea!!!

3 Likes

I am so happy for you! What a fabulous haul!

I think your future recipients will be absolutely thrilled, too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is GREAT deal, and beautiful collection. I think you will decide to keep most of that postcards for yourself, instead of sending it away :laughing:

Few years ago I made swap with lady that sells books. I gave here 10-15 books I didn’t need anymore (ordinary books, nothing valuable), and she gave me about 400 blank postcards. Win-win situation :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Very interesting selection. Enjoy your cards!

1 Like

Absolutely fabulous! :smiley:

I was once very lucky with a postcard purchase also, so I do know what that feels like! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grin:

1 Like

What a historical and collector’s treasure trove!
It will be difficult to part with many of them, no doubt.
What a Postcrossers dream!

3 Likes

I know right!! There are lots of postcards that I want to keep but the same time I’d love to share with other postcrossers. Hard to decide… You were so lucky too. Sometimes meeting new people might have surprise that you’ve never expected, isn’t it?

Hope you find some great deals!!

1 Like