June 15, 2024 - CUMMING, GA MEET UP

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Cumming, Georgia, USA
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Community Cup: 125 Tribble Gap Rd, Ste 103, Cumming GA 30041
:calendar: DATE: Saturday, June 15, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12:00 PM- 2:00 PM

:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Hello Fellow Postcrossers!!

This meetup will be hosted by myself (@sunny_shannon), @camcgraw and @Laina-Curtiss. This is our first meet up, and we are excited to host and meet you!

Meet up will be located at Community Cup, a local coffee shop in Cumming. Parking will be available in adjacent parking lots. A portion of parking is in a shared lot; please be aware of any signage designating spaces. Please view the menu for available food and drink options.

The time will be spent signing/stamping meet-up cards, conducting postcard trading, and making new friends!! We invite you to bring any freebies (Postcards, stickers, washi tape, pens, etc.) you’d like to trade or give away. We will be providing goodie bags that include stickers, washi tape and other fun stuff to attendees!

RSVP: In order to give us an idea of the number of attendees, please click the “Going” button if you plan to attend. This is a small shop therefore we will limit spots to the first 22 RSVPs. (25 total including hosts) Additionally, please let us know if you RSVP’d and cannot attend.

Event Card: Mock up of the meet up card is below. To ensure everyone can send a meet up card we are limiting cards at 4 per attendee. If we do not fill capacity more will be available to send while supplies last.

So excited to meet you all!!!
Happy Psotcrossings!

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

5 Likes

Now I fancy a “Mouse Milk”! :mouse: :joy:

2 Likes

I’ll be there! This will be my first!

3 Likes

Looking forward to it!!

Put me on your list - this will be the 4th meetup for me. Can‘t wait!

3 Likes

Glad you can make it! Click the ‘going’ button at the top for me!

1 Like

Current attendees list as of 5/25

@sunny_shannon
@camcgraw
@Laina-Curtiss + 1
@Mom2boys86
@Skye864

1 Like

Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Can we increase that total from 4 to 10 if we all pay for the cards? My last meetup we got 20 cards for 5.00. It was great. Just an idea…penny

Hurray! A Georgia Meet-up that I can actually attend! I’m very excited to participate!

I love the design of the postcard! Nice work! I am happy to contribute to printing costs and/or purchase cards to support the artists and meet-up.

Can’t wait to meet everyone!

Laurel

2 Likes

Hi Penny and Laurel!

Thank you for the suggestion and willingness to contribute! As of right now we are not going to print more cards and stick to the previous guarantee of 4 cards per attendee and dividing up any leftovers if we do not reach capacity. We will also be providing goody bags at no cost and facilitating a trading table.

Since this is our first time hosting an event we are wanting to keep things simple and ultimately find out if there was an appetite for meet ups in this area and interest in planning future events (Up a few days ago we didn’t think anyone else would come lol) I will take cost share into consideration in the future and mapping out logistics of providing more cards and potential costs.

Thanks for the questions, So excited to meet you all!!

1 Like

I love seeing a Meetup in the ATL! I grew up there and have many friends in Cumming but live in Seattle now. I wish I were visiting my family that week so I could attend and meet you all!

If anyone is willing to send me a Meetup card, I’d be most grateful and could send you back a card from the Meetup we’re having out here on Vashon Island the same day! :slightly_smiling_face: Just throwing that out there in case anyone is interested in swapping!

Hope you all have a great day! It sounds like a super fun meetup! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi!! Thanks for the message !

I’ll swap with you! I’ll reserve one of my cards to send you and reach out after the event to coordinate :wink:

Hi everyone!
Can’t believe we are only 10 days out, excited to see everyone!

Current attendees list as of 6/5/24

@sunny_shannon
@camcgraw
@Laina-Curtiss + 1
@Mom2boys86
@Skye864
@Meirkat
@pennyaschu
@mscheess

1 Like

Thank you in advance for swapping, @sunny_shannon! <3

1 Like

I am also more than happy to contribute to meetup-card printing costs.

So in!!

1 Like

Excited to have you!

eeeeeeeeek! We are two days away!

So excited to meet everyone!

Attendance as of 6/13

@sunny_shannon
@camcgraw
@Laina-Curtiss + 1
@Mom2boys86
@Skye864
@Meirkat
@pennyaschu
@mscheess
@mermaid77

I’m so encouraged to see that we have a blossoming community in the metro area! I had a family commitment arise today that is going to keep me from being able to join on Saturday. If I could swing both, I totally would. I hope y’all have a blast and we can put together another meetup before long.

1 Like