June 11, 2024 USPS Sea Turtles Stamp Dedication

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Texas Sealife Center,
14220 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78418
:calendar: DATE: June 11th, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12pm Noon CST (might change)
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

The USPS is dedicating a set of 6 Forever stamps in the new “Protect Sea Turtles” issue.

The USPS has not announced official details for the exact time and location of this event yet, so time and location might change slightly, but it is definitely happening on June 11th, 2024 in Corpus Christi, Texas.
The meetup will take place immediately following the conclusion of the dedication ceremony, I will have a sign with the Postcrossing logo or something so that we can find each other.
The USPS will have the black and white first day of issue special postmark available at the event. The digital color postmark is available by mail from the USPS.

Meetup Card
I am designing a meetup card, it will be ready soon. The meetup card will tie into the theme of Protecting Sea Turtles and the event happening in Texas. The postcard will have a matte finish so that anyone can make a maxicard if they would like to.

What should I expect from a stamp dedication ceremony?
The USPS will have some individuals speaking briefly about the new stamp, then they will do a curtain drop to reveal the new stamp, and then special first day of issue postmarks will be available. Attendees usually receive a “Ceremony Program” listing the speakers and a lapel pin showing an image of the new stamp. The people speaking about the stamp are not yet known, but there will likely be someone from Texas Sealife Center, someone from USPS headquarters, someone with some sort of connection to the stamp design process, and someone with a connection to the topic of the stamp.

7 Likes

We met at the NYC December 2024 meet-up! I’m unable to attend this meet-up. It sounds like a fantastic meet-up with your guest speakers. Wish you much success. Hopefully, I’ll see you again soon.

1 Like