July 6, 2024 Minsk meeting of postcrossers "Frida Kahlo's Birthday"

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Minsk
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Central Botanical Garden. Minsk, st. Surganova, 2B, room 1
:calendar: DATE: July 6, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12.00-15.00
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Excursion. Signing cards, communicating.

July 6th is the birthday of the wonderful and unforgettable artist Frida Kahlo. I would like to dedicate this day to her and sign cards in honor of her. Some biography: Frida Kahlo (July 6, 1907 – July 13, 1954) was a Mexican artist best known for her self-portraits.
Frida Kahlo’s work was significantly influenced by Mexican culture and the art of the peoples of pre-Columbian America. The artist’s artistic style is sometimes characterized as naive art or folk art.
The founder of surrealism, Andre Breton, considered Frida Kahlo a surrealist.
In honor of this event, we invite you to take a tour of the Central Botanical Garden in Minsk, and then sit in a cozy cafe and sign postcards dedicated to Frida Kahlo.
All specific information about the meeting can be found here, as well as in the community https://vk.com/club216659519 Postcards will be provided closer to the meeting.

6 Likes

Hello

I’d love to exchange this postcard because I collect Frida Kahlo. Can anyone help me?

1 Like

Hey at all, the meetup-card No 3 is one of the most fantastic cards I’ve ever seen! Congratulations to the creator. I wish, I could have one. Is anybody there to send me one. I can do the same with two cards from meetup in Halle in Beatles museum.
Kind reagards, Christian

1 Like