July 13, 2024, Clackamas, Oregon

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Clackamas, Oregon
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Clackamas Town Center Mall, Food Court
12000 SE 82nd Ave, Happy Valley, OR 97086
https://maps.app.goo.gl/QGJFjKX5c95nP8dY9
:calendar: DATE: July 13, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

In conjunction with the PNW Pen Show, we will be having a Postcrossing Meetup. We will be at the Clackamas Town Center mall food court to sign postcards and socialize. Grab a coke from the food court, or a meal if you’d like, and sign postcards.

Other directions: the food court is on the north side of the mall, right next to the movie theater and a (large) bus stop. If you enter off of Monterey Avenue, you’ll be on the right side.

Please hit the blue GOING button to RSVP. Thanks!

The PNW Pen Show will be held at:

Monarch Hotel
12566 SE 93rd Ave
Clackamas, OR 97015
this is a 4-minute drive, 0.8 miles away from the Meetup Venue (the mall).

(The show is also open on July 12, 13 and 14, 2024.)

The Pen Show details can be found on their website https://pnwpenshow.com/ and Instagram (pnwpenshow). They will have a long list of vendors, some classes and a ‘no-kill’ fountain pen ink station. PNW Pen Show Ticket rates are below - and totally dependent on if you want to attend.

Our Meetup is FREE, and near the Pen Show for interest, but people are not obligated to attend either one.

-Meetup Cards will be made, but smaller batch than usual.

• (optional) $0.20/card - cost for Meetup cards (if desired)

I’ll also be bringing a few Meetup postcards from the April 21, 2024 Portland Meetup event.

For convenience and efficiency, bring your Self-Inking signature stamp or stickers (1/2 inch or smaller), you’ll thank yourself later! I got mine made at www.rubberstamps.com – but Etsy (Riley Print), VistaPrint and other venues offer similar stamps.

Meetup Card Design

Design photography by David Lowrie: see more at www.djdlowrie.com

PEN DETAILS:

From 12 oclock:

Nakaya 17mm Cigar in Heki-Tamenuri Urushi

Aurora Optima in Green Auroloide

Pilot Custom 823 in Amber

Nakaya Piccolo Long in Aka-Tamenuri Urushi

Sailor King of Pen Iro-Miyabi with an Ishime Urushi finish in Suou Red

Nakaya Cigar in Ishime Kanshitsu finish in Midori Green

MontBlanc Meisterstuck 149

Pelikan M800 Brown/Black 2019 limited edition

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

5 Likes

I have an interest.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know, Crystal.

I am very interested, Larry (AKA cheshire42)

1 Like

We’d like to have you again, Larry! Thanks!

I am interested in attending as well.

1 Like

Very good, hope you can come!

1 Like

I’m interested in attending!

1 Like

I’m planning to attend the show and would love to come to the meetup. Let me know if you need any help in designing a custom postcard. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I might, thank you for saying so.

I am interested in attending.

2 Likes

interested

1 Like

Is it connected to the Pen Show? Which has a very expensive admission cost? Larry

1 Like

Hi Larry,

The Meetup will be held close to the pen show, and the Meetup card will be fountain pen themed.

However, there is no obligation to attend the PNW Pen Show.

More details to come soon!

2 Likes

Sent you a pm. Thank you.

Update - we have a design, will be sent to print in the next week.

Will update post ASAP when we have venue details.

Also inviting @jeffweiss @SassyChicken @mnrosen @seachange @aleesa @BeckyS @otaviobp @MuddyPawsPost @movek @PDXpaula @elmicko @sarapdx @burnzi53 @penguingrandma @sewfun @Niko808 @fumccdo @Chieusa @VintageJOY - come one or all.

1 Like

Thanks for the invite, sounds like fun! Unfortunately, that is the weekend of the Marion County Fair in Salem and my granddaughter is in a horse show there. Hope you have a good turn out and please let me know when the next meet-up is. Penguingrandma

1 Like

Please give our very best wishes to the young equestrian. We’ll catch y’all next time.

1 Like

I’ll be there! 30 cards please!

2 Likes