Isle of Wight Meetup DATE TBC | THE NATIONAL POO MUSEUM :)

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Isle of Wight UK
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: The National Poo Museum, Sandown ISLE of WIGHT
:calendar: DATE: DATE TBC
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1pm onwards
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Meet up at the museum, then gather to sign postcards - possibly a picnic on their lawn which looks over Sandown beach assuming nice weather. I will research a venue as back-up :slight_smile:

I have had confirmation from the museum that we would be welcome to sign postcards and have a picnic in their garden weather permitting.

Originally planned for Tuesday 18th June but new date to be decided

This is their website: The National Poo Museum (poomuseum.org)

This is a video of when I visited last year: https://youtu.be/BB7grwu2NZY?si=KS3iMXbtiM6qcVaj

Going
1 @TinyMouse

Maybe
1 @JustJo

Meetup card swaps requested
1 @Robin67 with @tinymouse to send
2 @MartynHst43277 with @tinymouse to send
3 @meidans with @tinymouse to send
4 @Cupcake11 SWAP PARTNER NEEDED

2 Likes

:joy: I love this! I’m currently down to work but I’ll see if there is any flexibility (there should be)

1 Like

I am really curious, what the meetingcard will look like! :laughing: :poop:

1 Like

There is a chance the museum may design us an official one. I had a word with them last year.

Either way I’m sure it will be quite unique :joy: :poop:

3 Likes

I very rarely ask for exchanges for a meetingcard (I think I’ve only ever done that once, for 2 of the 4 meetingcards of a meeting in Germany), but if anyone would like to exchange with me…

It’ll also remind me of a daytrip with my mum, brother and granny, when I was 10 years old (= 46 years ago!!!). The sea was really rough that day and some mighty seasick :nauseated_face: Austrians were very happy to go on land! :wink:

1 Like

If you have a spare meet up card I’d love one
I’d pay postage etc

1 Like

I’ll you a card from the meetup :slight_smile: Thankfully the crossing to the Isle of Wight doesn’t get too choppy especially in the summer.

1 Like

I’ll send you a card from the meetup :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aww thanks so kind let me know what type of postcard you like :slight_smile: I’ll send one in return

Martyn

1 Like

I like all sorts of cards but perhaps one that makes you smile. As hopefully the meetup postcard will be one that makes people smile :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you very much for exchanging with me @TinyMouse! :hugs:

1 Like

Could I be put down as a Maybe :poop:

1 Like

of course :slight_smile:

Oh what a fun idea. I wonder if they also have a compost-toilet. A friend of mine is using one and he and his wife are really enthousiastic about it.
Unfortunately I won’t be able to make the trip to the Isle of Wight. But I would love to exchange a Meetingcard for either another Meetingcard or a card according to the profile .

1 Like

I don’t think they do. The museum is based in what used to be the public toilets. While the ladies and gents have been turned into the museum what would have been the disabled toilet is now the one left for everyone to use. Its rather special tho and I caputured some of it in my video from last year.

I’ll send you over one of the meetup cards :blush:

I have wanted to visit the Isle of Wight and would love to receive a meetup card from there. If anyone would like to send me one in the USA, please DM me. I will be happy to swap with you for a card that I have that might interest you or a Postcrossing card.
Thank you

Unfortunately a work event has come up on that day, so unable to make it now.
*Would love a Meetup on the Isle of Wight, will keep a lookout for a future meetup there!

1 Like

@JustJo have you arranged a day off, if not as @Maddymail cant make it shall we rearrange perhaps for a weekend day?

*but not the weekend of the festival :blush:

It seems like a popular location but being on a Tuesday is less popular as i suspected but thought was worth an ask as will be on the IOW.

I’ll be honest I totally forgot! I’ll go with the flow on date change, but I work a lot of weekends and that’s why I miss lots of meet ups :pensive:

1 Like

I’ve popped it as date TBC but we can pick a date that works.

1 Like