Is there a way to cancel a travelling postcard?

Beg to differ! The Food package postcard and Environmantally friendly tags are rather popular: :wink:

But this has gotten off-topic…

@kyrku As many others have already written, unfortunately, you have to send a card. Some people dislike narrow wishlists so much, they even intentionally send cards that the receiver states that they don’t like. Others quit postcrossing because of too demanding profiles. Everyone who sticks around, develops a thicker skin eventually. Sometimes, it is just a language or culture difference/barrier. Never judge a postcrosser by their profile! They can have the most rude sounding profile and still be the sweetest person hidden behind it. And the opposite can be true as well. Just send a card, a random card, the card that you like least, the card that was cheapest, doesn’t matter, just send one card and hope for the best :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I just saw a profile containing this text. I will have to assume that it’s not lookup-able, so here it is. I had to laugh, bearing in mind this thread. :grinning:

• You can always cut A PIECE OF CARDBOARD FOOD PACKAGE SOLD IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY (cookies, fried meals, dry fruit, etc.) in about postcard size, use the other side of the cardboard for stamps, address and add a few words what the product is about, translation of the text etc. I will love it, for no cost!
4 Likes

I’ve already filled it out! I’ve gotten some great advice and I wish I could close this discussion now since it has gone a little off-topic. I ended up just picking the card I least liked but I made the back of it look nice :grin: Also we (me and the recipient) literally have opposite tastes since all of the cards they didn’t like were my favourite types, so who knows, maybe they’ll love it.

7 Likes

In fact, inspired by this thread, I’ve just changed my profile to add something like “why not send me food packaging, it’ll make a change!”. I had to restrain myself from deleting the other preferences and just typing “Send Me Food Packaging”. If I get any, it will make a welcome change from the usual twee sentimental or frankly boring tourist cards. Thank you, thread people. :grinning:

11 Likes

This reminds me of how frustrating it can be when people are too picky with their requests. Isn’t this supposed to be fun and lighthearted? I would send this person whatever you have and move on.

Also, I love the idea of an upcycled, handmade card. I find them very endearing. All types of arts and crafts are made from recycled materials.

(Fixed for grammar)

4 Likes

This actually happened to me once. I sent someone a card which I personally didn’t like very much, but it kind of fit their profile. They loved it and wrote the most wonderful thank you message. :blush:

Seeing as you started this thread, you are most likely still watching it and getting notifications of every reply. If you scroll down to where it says ‘watching’, you can change that.
(Not sure if you can close this thread though.)

4 Likes

Closed at the request of @kyrku who asked the original question :smile: