Is it expected to answer Thank you -messages?

I will write every received card a personalized messages based on their message to me in the received post card.

I haven’t received any response to it. Is it like, Postcrossers do not read the Hurray Message.

Do anyone preserves it?

It is not really common to reply to hurray messages. I personally prefer it that way and have the hurray message as the end of the brief conversation with the stranger, unless there has been a trade offer, direct question or anything else that would need to be answered. But from the other conversations here on the forum, it is pretty clear that Thank yous and Hurray messages are really appreciated, even if rarely answered to!

Here are few older topics about hurray messages and answering and preserving them:

1 Like

Usually people don’t respond to Hurray messages. That’s how this thing works. People mostly use those messages just to say “thank you” for the card and maybe answer to message from the card, but it’s viewed like your last conversation with person you’re received card from. People read and appreciate thoughtful Hurray messages, you just don’t have to answer to them.

1 Like

Hello Friend!
usually this message does not require a response.
presumably the answer to khurrey, shrinks personal distance
so keep calm and happy postcrossing

When I got asked something I reply, of course.
On the other hand I don’t expect an answer and so I try to avoid questions in my hooray messages. Maybe when I see a fantastic tape, stickers etc. I asked where I can get those, but it happens not too often.
It’s not because I don’t want to keep in touch, it’s a question of time. If I keep in touch with someone I will do this on a regular base - and if I would do this with everyone I would spend 24/7 on the internet. No, thanks.

Hello, mostly I also don’t reply to a Hurray Message. But from time to time I do :slight_smile: And based on the Hurray Messanges I have now three wonderful pen pals :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am new but I always try to reply :slight_smile:

I was about to create a new post asking the same thing, so I was looking first to see if a similar post existed and here it is! I ALWAYS reply to Hurray (registration) messages even just to say “i am glad my postcard reached you”. In my cards I am always communicative (because well Postcrossing for me is a mode of communication and not just collecting cards) so when a recipient reciprocates by being equally communicative, I like to acknowledge that by replying. I am actually surprised when users do not reply to my own registration messages and I was beginning to wonder if they actually get delivered. But as I read here, this is not something people do, apparently. Well…

2 Likes

You do you, @AureliaGould ! I resonated with everything you said, especially about Postcrossing being about communication, so you’ve inspired me to be more communicative beyond the postcard. But I won’t expect replies either. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I view the Hurray email as the end of the journey the icing on the cake…it started the moment you selected an address and has now concluded…

4 Likes