Is 1K Everyday or Rare?

Sunday, March 26, 2023 - 01:06 (UTC -5)

Hello, PCSupport:

Can you please produce a chart (simple histogram such as the site-wide monthly aggregate on page Postcards statistics) showing the distribution of number of cards Sent per person lifetime?

You could place it at the bottom of this page (Member stats) and update it monthly.

If this is an enhancement not likely soon, could you please answer what percentage of Postcrossers have ever sent at least 1,000 cards? I have a small bet with a fellow Postcrosser that at least 1K cards is in the 90th percentile or better.

Thanks,

Michael

10 Likes

I like that idea and it would interest me, too. I looked on the front page and whilst some stats, I did not see this one. Did you ever get a reply to this and can I find it somewhere?

Monday, May 29, 2023 - 17:50 (UTC -5)

Hello, Rebecca!

Good to hear from you.

No, sorry, never got any kind of reply from anyone (except you, thank you!). The data does not exist anywhere on the Postcrossing.com website, as far as I can tell.

Happy Postcrossing,

Michael

There’s lots of things in the bucket list for improving stats on the website, but not enough time for all — I’m not sure we’ll get around adding this one.

Meanwhile, a quick query on the database tells me that, to date, 10386 postcrossers have crossed the 1000 postcards sent mark.

14 Likes

Rarer Than the Rare Earths in the Periodic Table of the Elements

Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - 17:42 (UTC -5)

Hi, Paulo:

Thanks for the update.

Doing the math, the 1000 Club is the 98.7th percentile, rare company indeed.

Happy Postcrossing!

Michael

7 Likes