International postcard rate (2023)

So, the current international rate is 2 eur now?

Previous time I sent some postcards from Thessaloniki, I think, was a couple of months ago. I remember looking up the price on ELTA’s website, and I’m pretty sure it was 90 cents. A couple of days ago I was in Corfu, wanted to send some cards, and was told the new rate was 2 eur since june or july… Today I went to check the current rates, and it looks like it says (I’m using google translate and it’s not very good with Greek land, unfortunately) that international postcards will be charged as B-economy-rate to Zone-1, which seems to be 2.00 eur.

Παγκοσμίως, η αποστολή postcards - cartes postales θα τιμολογείται όπως η 1η μονάδα βάρους της υπηρεσίας
Εξωτερικού B’ Προτεραιότητας Economy Eξωτερικού - Ζώνη 1, ενώ για το Εσωτερικό οι postcards - cartes postales θα διαχειρίζονται ως αντικείμενα Α’ Προτεραιότητας Standard.

So, this it correct then, that’s what you pay?

never mind, there’s info inthe adjacent post - yes its 2 eur now.

Dear friend,
Yes! You need to pay 2€ now for a card, I’m afraid.
That or a stamp that says postcards worldwide, like this one here.

2 Likes

ευχαριστώ!

hi! what about a postcard sent from Greece to Greece? ELTA website says that in this case the price will be handled as standard A items? a bit confusing))

You are right, the price list is a bit vague about it.

Most post offices charge €1,20, while some Hellenic Post managers say that the rate is €2,00.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! So how to deal with that? :slight_smile: just to put 1,20€?

Also, I have a question about signing the envelope? Now I stay in Patras, and the woman at the post office in summer asked me to write my address on the envelope (it was a letter). Is it obligatory to put YOUR address on postcards as well?

Theoretically a return address is required for all items; however for the past 130 years most postcards are mailed without a returm address.

1 Like

I never do (though I haven’t sent too much mail here). and the only time I did (sending to Russia) – the card did not reach destination, and was not returned to me either.

1 Like