Inherited lots of unused postcards - do I use them?

I concur with most already written. Keep a few of your favorites for yourself, and send the rest to be seen and enjoyed by others. It’s a nice tribute to your cousin and their father. Definately write about who used to own them, or at least how you got them, like you told us. Personal connection stories make a card more special.

5 Likes

I think there are people who love them.
The art ones and about city buildings too.
I would send them if it fits the `wish´list.

2 Likes

Postcards are meant to travel. It’d be a waste to leave them unused :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Very environmentally friendly to use cards that already exist.

5 Likes

It’s hard to believe that some people would dislike these postcards and stamps! I would definitely use them!
(and I just love your avatar :grin:)

2 Likes

Absolutely use them, they are gorgeous and it would be so special to get such a card and hear about their history!

2 Likes

All of them that are okay (in quite good condition), are definitely worth sending.
But you can of course figure out if there are some quite valuable nowadays, sell them (and buy new ones from the money :smile:)
You can send all of them to people who write that they love vinatge cards and tell them from what time/person the card is.
I can’t see any problem sending them.

2 Likes

I would love to receive a genuinely old vintage card! It’s a piece of history you can hold in your hand.

I don’t think putting a statement about it on your profile would be useful, though. I don’t tend to check profiles of people who send cards to me and don’t know if many people do.

Oh… I love these old postcards…
Perhaps because I am old too ???
:grinning: :joy: :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Absolutely,use them. Some may not be interested in receiving them but I would love to receive vintage cards. I think lots of people feel the same.

2 Likes

I would love to receive one of these cards. Yes, use them.

2 Likes

I would love to receive postcards like the ones that you describe – I love history and I love postcards. I am sure that there are many Postcrossers who feel the same way, so I recommend that you send them. Also, I think it’s a lovely idea to include the backstory about the postcards in your profile. I read the entire profile of every Postcrosser who sends me a postcard, and the backstory to your postcards makes them even more fascinating!

1 Like

Use them for people you think will like them (vintage or other fitting topics, like for the themes). Mention both cousin and their father to explain the special history if the card(s). I think that honors them and makes these cards the most precious gifts from the past. Personally, I would celebrate, if I got one. Have fun!

2 Likes

The world is your oyster. Use them.

I LOVE vintage and antique postcards, and would not part w any of mine unless it was a very special person I wanted to delight w one.

Thank you to everyone who has commented here. I am going to use them as I’m not a collector and they were designed to be sent through the post. I don’t want to sell them as that doesn’t feel like the right thing to do in this instance. Like quite a few people on here I also always read the profile of people I recieve cards from, so I’ve added an extra bit to my profile about my cousin. Thanks again and who knows you might be getting a very old postcard from me!

13 Likes

Hello! I think your cards would be evaluated not only by fans ov vintage, but also by any people who love something esthetic. The cards are very beautiful! As for me, it would be a pleasure to get such a card, although I haven’t mentioned vintage cards in my profile. Send them😍

1 Like

I think they are beautiful, they also are in perfect condition so i think sending them would make many people happy!

2 Likes

Прекрасные открытки! Я люблю старые вещи. Они будоражат мысли, голову.)))

It’s so good to hear and wonderful it is. You can add your cousin in the card few word. I would say its fantastic.