[INCOMING FIX] Postbot sometimes doesn't reply

Feel a bit unsure, so I ask here:

I want to draw 3 winners for my lottery. I pinged/tagged the postbot with 3d87 but I didn’t get a reply from him.
Here’s the topic btw.

I remember that I read last year somewhere around the forum, it can be take a while, while the postbot is used in PMs or in other topics. I’m still not quite sure if it’s true or a problem in general.

Cleaned my cache and cookies, logged out, logged in, pinged/tagged the postbot again but nothing.
Won’t ping/tag the postbot to often so I ask here, if I did something wrong.
(Checked other closed lotteries before and the owner ask the postbot to roll the dices and it work normal)

Sometimes the bot is a little bit lazy :upside_down_face: and it needs a second or third try.
If your profil is set to English you should use “roll” and if it is in German please choose “würfeln”.

Greetings

I did both and he didn’t answered, so I was unsure if it’s because of a problem or if he’s writing snail mails. cough

Then I will wait a bit more and come back around midnight. Thanks for the reply. Wish a nice evening and week.

Sometimes he needs to be grumbled at a bit too :wink: - look here :arrow_right: [LOTTERIE] Runde 12: Peace on Earth ☮ - #151 by Bille

I think you could try again with würfeln 3d87 but type it in the same line when you tag postbot. Right now it’s in a new line so maybe that’s why postbot can’t recognize the command.

3 Likes

The postbot is a very dumb and fussy bot… so unless you feed it exactly right, it will not comply. :slight_smile:

It needs to be on the same line!

Here it was right, but was on the wrong language for your account. :stuck_out_tongue: It will refuse to use roll if you are using the interface in German.

Still wrong language, but also had a bunch of spaces: between @postbot and roll you had 4 spaces! It doesn’t show after posting, but if you would edit the post you’d see that there’s extra spaces in there.

Here it was the right language, but still 2 spaces between postbot and würfeln.

Still 2 spaces. Sorry, I said it it was a fussy bot! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 spaces :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know what happened with this one — should have worked. Perhaps it was annoyed and the bot decided to ignore you for a while. :sweat_smile:

In short, the bot is very picky and needs to be fed exactly right: on a single line, and single spaces only. Anything else and you are in unknown territory. :wink:

/cc @moderators Extra spaces (and language) is usually what gets the bot to not be responsive. :slight_smile: Will report it to Discourse, maybe they can do something about this.

10 Likes

Hello paulo,

and thank you for coming back to me and all the informations.

Mysterious is, that I changed my language settings between using the postbot. As I thought he didn’t work in german, I change to english, switching between both languages didn’t worked.
The Forum starting page also didn’t changed during my language settings, also Cache cleaning, Logout and Login didn’t worked for me.

I will check out this again tomorrow, when I use him again and will do Screenshots if it didn’t work again.
So far, thank you again for the help. Hope you have a wonderful sunday and a good start into the upcoming week.

3 Likes

The Discourse team has already implemented a fix for the extra spaces so we’ll get it next time we update our forum to the latest version. :+1:

7 Likes

I experienced this a couple of times while using the interface in Italian. Where can we find the commands to use in other languages than English?

If you use a wrong command, postbot will reply, including a command (“help”) which will list all available commands when used. Like this:

2 Likes