In English - Visitor's corner

Don’t worry about it! I have also had my share of funny mistakes while mastering languages :sweat_smile:

Yeah, Swedish is official language in Finland too, but only about 5% of the population has it as a mother language. I am myself a Finn who moved to Sweden later in life, and for me the Finland’s Swedish sounds weirdly homely and old-fashioned at the same time.

1 Like

Hej hej allihopa! Finns det en plats när man kan prata bara svenska? Jag är ny på Postcrossing så jag vet inte hur forumen fungerar. :slight_smile: Jag skulle älska att öva min svenska eller byta vykort.

@solarpower - Du har kommet til rett del av forumet. Her i den skandinaviske delen av forumet kan du skrive på svensk/dansk/norsk. Det er kanskje best å holde seg til de andre trådene i forumet, siden denne tråden heter “In English - Visitor’s corner”.

You might have better luck if you post to #trades-requests-offers The Scandinavian threads are quite inactive. Remember to include your offers and anything special you are able / willing to swap for card. Denmark is one of the rarest countries and has high postage, whereas USA is one of the most common ones, so for the better chances you might want to make your offer as tempting as possible. Good luck!

Hello !
Thanks for the proposal for a English follow-up. At first, I will try to refresh my Swedish that I looooove but never practice by reading from you guys in your native language.
Hope to read lots of Swedish :innocent:

I’m also learning Swedish and I hope to meet and read plenty of Swedish.
Is anyone will be interested by a tag in Swedish ?

Hi folks from Scandinavia ( Denmark, Sweden and Norway)

This is a test balloon, so read my proposal:

I offer to send 3 postcards of you to any destination worldwide over the united nations in Geneva
so just end me a letter with three prepared postcards just don’t put postage but leave some space for it .

If you are interested please send me a PM

@moderator if there is a better place to put it feel free to move

Cheers
Ulrich

Hi everyone, I am visiting Stockholm/Uppsala in a month’s time.
I am looking to buy mint stamps and postcards to send, (but I am also finding the Europa 2019 and 2021 stamps for personal collection) any recommendations for an in-person store within the Stockholm/Uppsala area?
Any recommendations will help, thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Postcards and stamps are not a big thing here so you might be out of the luck if you are looking for anything specific for a collection. I am not familiar with the in-person stores, so can’t say if those exists or not, but the only ones I have heard about are auction houses and webshops :confused:

What comes to Europa stamps, PostNord has already stopped selling ones from 2019 and 2021 (they had international value which was changed in January so… yep) So unfortunately it is highly unlikely any normal stores have these ones left. Webshops for collectors however usually have some left.

Postcards you should be able to find in any souvenir store along Drottninggatan or in Gamla stan, and I believe most of the grocery stores and book store should have some too. If you want something different, the Post museum sells reprints of old cards (I have bought some from their webshop and they have been very liked). For any mint stamps I strongly recommend to buy them either from grocery store (look for PostNord logo at the door) or small corner shop like Pressbyrån. Souvenir shops often sell stamps too but sometimes they try to sell them over the value, which is illegal.

1 Like

Well noted. I shall try to look around and try my luck! Thank you for the help!
Also, any tips on where to post the postcard, I realized the card I received from Sweden previously did not get a postmark on it (not sure if my friend dropped it in a postbox or how it was sent), how do I make sure that when I send out a card from Sweden that it would get a postmarking?

Hello dear friends from Norway and Sweden :smiley::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:! I need your help. I want to find postcards of Easter witches (them are also traditional in Finland), for surprise my mother (she is also a postcrosser :blush:). She really liked this interesting tradition :egg::egg::egg::woman_fairy:and I decided to ask if you have postcards on this topic: like these wonderful postcards:

I return I will send postcard of your wish list :smiley:

With best wishes, Malika :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

Actually, I believe the påskeheks is a swedish tradition. The tekst on the cards you uploaded is certainly swedish :blush:

1 Like

Thank you very much for this information, I don’t know that is the Swedish tradition, I will write in the topic Sweden :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Thank you very much dear!

1 Like

Unfortunately not available on my normal card shopping sites, but these seems to be vintage cards so if you are feeling adventurous you could find some on Tradera (in that case, search for “påskkärring”). I can check the grocery store next week but it seems like the postcard producers prefer eggs and chicks on cards nowadays, and it would probably be a modernized version anyway :pensive:

Finland has more constant tradition of Easter witches so might get lucky on that side!

1 Like

Thank you very much dear! I would like the modern version too, it’s very particular tradition of witches and for me it’s new and I would like any card with this tradition :smiley::love_letter:

@Malika1604 I found one (just one… so many chicks and eggs but no witches :sweat_smile:) Easter postcard with witches. PM me if you are still looking!

1 Like

Yesss! It’s amazing, thank you very much dear! I will send pm :smiley::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

For the Swedish speakers or learners, there is a RR with an open group “write me in Swedish” if some are interested :
https://community.postcrossing.com/t/world-languages-rr-new-groups-added/3898

Hi everyone! I will be traveling to Sweden in May and would like to send (from Sweden) a birthday gift to my friend in Belarus. Could you please tell me if mail to Belarus has been suspended like mail to Russia? I just don’t want to carry a box with my gift around if I can’t send it…
Thanks!

All mail from Sweden to Belarus is currently suspended without a notice on when the route would be open again. You can check again closer to your travel date.