TALK in ENGLISH - Visitors Corner - 2024

If anyone else can help, please send me PM.

@LiveLaughLoveLeafs PM sent :blush:

1 Like

Hi Natsuko, I’m interested in sending back your postcard! I’ll send a PM :blush:

1 Like

Hey guys :sunglasses: is anyone from the forum going to the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam in the near time and could help me with getting a promo card from the museum? :hear_no_evil: Please dm me if you can help me :laughing: Collect cards is my second hobby similar to postcrossing. I would be very grateful. :heart: Thank you in advance :pray:

2 Likes

I can’t help you but I saw this news too and was wondering if they would also have postcards from the exhibit - they would be very cool to receive. I’m kind of hoping it comes to Japan. The last time there was a Van Gogh exhibit here in Kyoto, it was also shown in Amsterdam. However, I can’t find any information saying that that will happen.

Hello @Alex1212,

The Promo card isn’t available anymore.
Below you can read more information.

Frequently Asked Questions

Van-Gogh-Museum-x-Pokemon

The Van Gogh Museum and The Pokémon Company International take the safety and security of visitors and staff very seriously. Recently, a small group of individuals has created an undesirable situation that has led us to take the difficult decision to remove the Pikachu with Grey Felt Hat promo card from the museum. In this way, visitors will be able to experience this special collection of Pokémon paintings and the rest of the museum in a safe and enjoyable manner.

Hello. I am Japanese.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask a question.
I received a postcard from Holland with numbers written on it.
My friend had something with a number written on it attached to the position of the stamp.
We are wondering what this means.
Please tell us.

2 Likes

Hello @MAKIKO-S,

This is a stamp- code.

If you do not have stamps in stock, you can purchase a code online.
You write this code on the card or envelope and the card is provided with valid postage.

Post.NL website

### The convenience of a stamp code

Don’t have any stamps handy? Buy a stamp code and just write down the stamp! Order your code online or in the app and use it immediately.

video- stamp code PostNL

1 Like

Thank you!
That’s a great service!

1 Like

Good day,

I recently found stamps marked as “Port Betaald”. What is the nominal value of this stamp? May I use them for sending postcards abroad?

Thanks a million in adavance.

“Port Betaald” means Postage Paid so you cannot use these. This method of paying franking costs are commonly used by large companies or organisations sending hundreds of letters each day.

Thanks @Eef_NL They sell them in internet shops in big quantities, so I hoped they could be of use :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where did you find these?

They are sold pretty cheap in many Internet shops, for example here or here

Yeah, the reason why PostNL (or any of its predecessors PTT, TPG or TNT) is so that companies who send out their mail in bulk can still give some personal touch to their mail. So iirc these companies don’t need to use these at all, it’s just to make mail look extra fancy. You could use these as Cindrella stamps but they are still fairly expensive for that purpose

So basically if not mailed by the company that ordered them they are considered to be regular stickers? Why do they sell them in special shops then? Definitely “post betaald” have zero philatelic value. Also they do not have any information about the company that ordered them, so I’m not sure they work for a personal touch :slight_smile:

Summarizing I don’t understand what they are and if they have any postal value, but I got that I couldn’t use them to mail my postcards.

Yes. (Well, I think that bulk mail needs a mention of “port betaald” on the envelope or card, but most often, that is done using pre printed envelopes or an ink stamp. So there is an actual practical use for these “stamps”, however small)

The idea behind these stamps is to make advertisement mail “stand out” from the rest of the advertisement mail. It attracts the eye of the recipent and make someone (even unconsciously) think “oh wow, this mail has a stamp on it! That’s cool! Now I gotta check what’s inside!” It’s like a company sending advertisement mail in the shape of a heart, or a car, or an advertisement with a scratch card layer on it.

You might think of this theory as a nonsense theory, but this is the reason behind these stamps according to PostNL. The PostNL webshop says the following: “Attention stamps are ideal to raise extra attention for your mail. […] Professional mail gets a notable and personal touch. Improve the reponse to your mail”
It’s maybe worth mentioning that I’ve never seen such a stamp myself, so it’s probably never been very popular. And yes, someone with a sticker machine could just as well make them by themselves and that’s probably cheaper than getting them from PostNL. But that’s another story.

It might surprise you, but these stamps actually are considered collectibles, since a long time. I’ve seen philatelic magazines from about 20 years ago talk about new issues of these “port betaald” stamps. Some collectors might think “if it looks like a stamp and is sold by a national mail company, then I collect it”

2 Likes

Thanks a million @DinoMino It is all super clear now.

@DinoMino You were totally right and actually I found these stickers in PostNL shop, they are called “Attentiezegels”, attention stamps :slight_smile:

Yup, this is the other design from PostNL

Did you check this link? I personally find these fancier.
It’s maybe worth noting that PostNL will stop selling attention stamps at all after the two remaining designs are sold out. They have been saying this on the product page ever since I found out about these stamps first (2 years ago or so) so that probably shows how low the demand for these stamps really is. No wonder that they stop selling attention stamps then…

I’m contemplating buying a roll of the flower stamps now actually. At € 0.02 per stamp they’re not a bad deal for decorative stickers

1 Like

Hello. I need this book for my article but I couldn’t find an e-book at internet. Some universities in Netherlands have this book but because I don’t live in Netherlands I can’t access it. If someone can access this book for my stead and send it to me as pdf I’ll be most grateful. if you want to help you can check which universities has this book as e-book from the website below. Thanks

1 Like