In ENGLISH - Visitors Corner - for everyone who don't know Chinese

So poetic and so beautiful; thank you for the translation!

1 Like

A county existed in history and now belongs to Taizhou city, Zhejiang province.

Thank you very much for your help!

Please help me: I would love to know where is this beautiful place and what is written in Chinese on my card.

In advance thanks a lot!

The specific place may be mentioned on the other side, but not in the front.

Life, like a drawing board, is yet to be painted. It awaits you, to write, to paint, from green, blue, to a riot of colour. In so doing, a pale life becomes the most beautiful painting; a dull life turns into a beautiful sight to behold.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your translation @yirobinson

You’re right there is some printed text on the other side, looked like the editor’s address :woman_shrugging:

Thank you for having a look

Unfortunately no location info, even no editor’s address…just some advertising texts.

As the card was sent from Shanghai, it might be a photo of 上海豫园, a classical garden in the modern city.

3 Likes

Bingo! You did it, you found the right spot! Thank you so much @yirobinson The images from the Chinese wikipedia show the side from my postcard.

3 Likes

His name is “Zhiyi志義”
A male name in Chinese

Hello! I need some help. I received postcard with these stamps and I’m really interested in what is depicted on them, it seems to me that is some kind of sea animal (? :sweat_smile:), but I’m not sure. I will be really glad if someone can help me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

https://www.post.gov.tw/post/internet/U_english/index.jsp?ID=2498&news_no=40821&control_type=page&news_cat=16&group_name=&news_type=latest_news

its a beast. not necessarily one animal but a combo of a couple.

4 Likes

Wow, thanks for the info, it’s so interesting!

Hello ! If you still need some more information. In the museum web page, you can read more details about this jade work : here (and close this subpage by clicking on “X”, you will see large photos of it). When I google this, I also found a video made by the museum. It’s a pity that it’s only in Chinese, however, you can still get some more information from the images if you’d like. Hope this helps a little bit ! : - )
P.S. I was surprised when seeing it is small and its oblique after watching the video. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Wow! Thank you so much Shui! :blush:

1 Like

EDIT: I found someone to help me translate and have sent out the postcard!

Hello everyone :blush:

Today I drew the address of a baby Postcrosser, she was born in 2019! Her parents are giving her the postcards sent to her when she is around 5 or 6.

I want her to be able to read the message I write by herself, so I was wondering if someone could help me translate it? The region she lives in speaks predominantly Cantonese.

If you are happy to help me translate, please send me a private message! Thanks :heart:

These are the meaning of “dragon” in Chinese dragon. These words in Chinese calligraphy is a different style of writing.

is it ok now?

1 Like

Yes, it’s okay now. I found someone to help me translate. Thank you for your offer anyway! :blush:

Hi!
Could somebody translate what’s written on this postcard, please?
Google lens said it’s about Tentei mountain, but I don’t think it’s the correct name.