TALK in ENGLISH - Visitors Corner - 2024

Hello
I’ve been clearing out and found these stamps from my last visit to the Netherlands in 2014.
Can you tell me if they are still valid, please?

Hi @xxxxyyyyzzzz, according to PostNL these stamps are still valid.

1 Like

HELP

I Look for a good pal but she forget to write her Adress in her Letter.

Her Name is Irene
She used a yellow Envelope
A sticker on it with a Heard and dog
She use diddle Paper
She print the Letter
The last question was Do i like tea or stickers
The Letter was send 26 August

Hi, I don’t know her.
But Yyou can use the search button under tab explore.
Typ username and send a email.
Succes

1 Like

I Not know her username i only know the Real Name

HILFE Help

Ich suche eine gute Freundin, aber sie vergisst, ihre Adresse in ihren Brief zu schreiben. Ihr Name ist Irene Sie benutzte einen gelben Umschlag Ein Aufkleber mit einem Herz und einem Hund darauf Sie benutzte Diddle-Papier Sie druckte den Brief Die letzte Frage war Mag ich Tee oder Aufkleber Der Brief wurde am 26. August verschickt

I Look for a good pal. Her Name is Irene she is on postcrossing. She is from netherlande. She pro t her last Letter. She used a yellow Envelope she use a sticker a dog incide a Heard she ast me Do i ask tea or stamps at last question. She is from netherland

There’s 2 Irene from the Netherlands active in the forum (you can search by name in forum users).
Hopefully either @Irene0604 or @irenejulia are the one you’re looking for!

Hello @LetterAndNotebook,

Please check your inbox.
I have sent a p.m. ( private message :slight_smile: )

Hello Dutch friends, I spotted this on the English language Dutch news website I’ve been following since I lived in the Netherlands for a period 10 years ago: The postman rings...42 years later - DutchNews.nl

Enjoy!

7 Likes

Hello @chrisbonham11 ,

Yes, it’s amazing :smiley:

This is an article in Dutch ( NOS)

1 Like

I am going to visit Philipsburg, St. Maarten (Dutch side) for a day in November and I need some tips.
Could you tell me

1. How much is the internationsl postage from there?
  2. Do shops sell stamps or can you find stamps only in the post office?
  3. Do you find mailboxes easily?

Hello @Viola79 ,

Please visite the website : Postal Services Sint Maarten N.V.

contact

sending mail

Sint Maarten has its own stamps/ postal services.
These stamps are not issued by Post.NL (The Netherlands)

Good morning :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve been missing @veke250 - does anyone know why she hasn’t been here for a few weeks?
Feel free to send me a PM if you don’t want to write about it publicly here.

Hi there! I’m going to be in Utrecht with work colleagues tomorrow and Saturday morning. I know it’s very last minute but can anyone recommend a shop for cute postcards or a (cocktail) bar for after dinner drinks? Any tips are highly appreciated!

Bedankt!

1 Like

Hi there! In Utrecht you can get great illustrated postcards at 'It’s a present":
It`s a present!
+31 30 232 8790
https://maps.app.goo.gl/vCuQL94pGV1Uhp7k7

The art gallery “Catch Projecten” near the Domplein is my favourite, lots of Inkognito cards, art and unusual Utrecht views. Don’t miss it! :smiley:
Catch Projecten
+31 30 231 1277
https://maps.app.goo.gl/1XQJXHQ3B3bjvN9u9

The Centraal Museum is at the southern end of the town, but has a fantastic choice of Nijntje / Miffy cards. :rabbit:
Centraal Museum Utrecht
+31 30 236 2353
https://maps.app.goo.gl/mQGUKH5aVbynFQTH8

For Cocktails: “Behind bars” (better make a reservation)
Behind Bars Cocktail
+31 6 38076250
https://maps.app.goo.gl/EXVZVv61tRptjENz7

Or the bar at Hotel Simple, opposite of “Catch Projecten”. :wink:
http://www.simpleutrecht.nl/

2 Likes

Hi Lisa,

I don’t know a nice bar, but I do know where you can find some nice shops.

I guess you will spend most of your time in the city center, so I recommend:

Like @Cassisia I strongly recommend that you visit Catch Projecten.

(Only) If you have time for a longer walk;
It all starts with a postcard webshop - It all starts with a Postcard (webshopapp.com)

I will be at work in Utrecht tomorrow :slight_smile:

Have a good time in Utrecht.

2 Likes

Thank you all so much :grinning:. Great tips! Now only the weather has to be less rainy tomorrow :grin:
Have a great weekend :raising_hand_woman:t2:

3 Likes

Update: I had a great time in Utrecht and I absolutely love the city! We did a walking craft beer tour in the snow :cold_face:

and had lovely weather on Saturday.

Unfortunately I did not have enough time to go to all of your recommended locations, but they’re all saved in my Utrecht map and I’ll definitely go back there around Easter! Thanks again! Have a lovely Sunday!

3 Likes

Good morning does anybody know the user named Amy? She has a three-year-old niece and lives in a small village near Amsterdam . Postcrossing cannot find the id of her card . she printed the text and the card has a sticker of a ladybug :lady_beetle: a bee :honeybee: a butterfly :butterfly: and a flamingo :flamingo:

Hello, thank you soooo much for replying and giving me the information. If it is her she probably forgot to put the ID I only send official cards . I will ask her if she sent one . I do not participate in round robins etc but it is worth a shot phoebe