In English, questions etcetera

Hello! Now I live in Georgia, but we can swap postcards! I can write you in Ukrainian, if you want to)

2 Likes

Hello from Japan!

I was wondering - how about creating a new thread in Ukraina community on Postcrossing, like :

How are you, Ukrainian members ? Please post to let us know if you are okay sometimes!

In this thread, we can learn if members in Ukraina are okay… I have just received a message from my penpal in Ukraina after a while and was relieved to see her vibrant message.

But I was also wondering, like, how about other Ukrainian members ??

Is this kind of new thread good ? What do you all think ?

The language here is Ukrainian, except for one topic: the Help and question topic. You can check other languages communities where this is all the same.

So your post here is fine and might be seen and or answered by Ukrainian.
I am curious as well. And bought and sent out a pile of postcards from Ukraine to support the good cause.

1 Like

@HM

Hi, yes, I see this is Ukrainian language community, but the administrators and even mods post everywhere in English only, so… I personally think it is okay to see the subject heading of my new thread idea is in English, so everyone on Postcrossing can understand if members in Ukraina are okay. But if the members in Ukraina prefer the new thread to be written in Ukrainian language only, that is also fine with me.

So, does anyone in Ukraina would like to start the new thread as in above or should I start it in English ?

@clubpostcards I see I made a mistake, I was wrong. And too quick in responding without looking further!

All the best for Ukraine.

1 Like

Okay, I am starting the new thread in English now. If it seems wrong, it will be closed or deleted or something soon after anyway.

Hello Ukrainian members,

First of all, I am sorry this is in English now as I do not understand Ukrainian language myself. But I would like to know if members in Ukraine are okay and I am sure I am not the only one who wonder like this.

Please post in this thread sometimes and let us know if you are okay! ( But if you can, please try to avoid posting something political and critical under this thread as such comments will most likely be deleted by the Postcrossing moderators and administrators. )

If the hundreds of very simple easy game threads on Postcrossing are acceptable, why not a new thread like this to know fellow members in Ukraine are okay ?

5 Likes

Hi @clubpostcards, good questions.
It will surely help Ukrainian members to know that there is care and concern for them amongst the Postcrossing community. After all, they have been living under constant attack for a while, as the full-scale invasion of Ukraine nears its third year.
Life surely must be frightful and hard, filled with many losses.
One way for Postcrossers to support Ukrainians is to send postcards to Postcrossers and/or to front line Defenders.
There are a couple of ways to connect with individual Ukrainian Postcrossers to ask if they’d welcome a cheerful card.
For example, check in with past contacts.
Or, you can reach out to individual members by clicking “Explore” on the home page toolbar, then “Countries”, then “Ukraine”, and, finally, “Members … Browse All”.
There are 25,605 Ukrainian members.
Choose a few names. Send a message to them, and ask if they would welcome a cheerful card.
I would guess that your inquiry would result in a joyful response. After all, there must be some fatigue after two years of bombardment.
Any time is a good time for happy mail.
Happy mail is always a welcome antidote to hardship. :hugs:

4 Likes

@HookedonPostcards

Thank you for your response. I am currently hosting a giving away to people in Africa and also hosting a giving away lottery for people in countries with a difficult situation. And I seem to have a sending limit. My online time on Postcrossing is very limited and I cannot seem to reach to all the members in Ukraina individually on Postcrossing.

I thought, somehow, it would be a good idea to have a thread to see if members in Ukraina are okay. Members generally and I can see if they are doing okay at one glance in this thread. Thank you!

2 Likes

I now have two penpals in Ukraina whom I met on Postcrossing, Nadia and Yana.

I am relieved they are safe now.

How about other members in Ukraina, I wonder ?

1 Like

I also look forward to reading responses in this thread, @clubpostcards.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Yes, that’s right, because we can’t speak every language, but we often have to talk to members who have a different native language than us.
Nevertheless, other users should use topics in which English can be spoken. (if there is such a topic in a community).

But it is normal for users in the communities to speak in the language of their country.
Just like in the general forum only English is allowed.

Hello!
Could you tell me, please, where I can buy this card? I haven’t seen it anywhere, it’s beautiful!

Hi Esther,
It’s now over two years since the invasion of Ukraine, and Postcards to the Front has been busy sending messages of support to Defenders from all over the world. There is the founding branch in Ukraine, a branch in Australia and you can read about Canada branch here.
Messages of support now will inform Ukrainians that we haven’t forgotten them. Critical, after such a long time living with terror.
Individuals who want to write postcard messages of support to Ukraine’s Defenders can learn how to here.
Any questions? Send me a PM.
Helen

Привіт, я купувала цю листівку на пошті, але це було рік тому, зараз їх вже, на жаль, не продають.

1 Like