I'm finally back!

Hello everyone!

I was gone for a very long time due to depression and not being able to do anything. I just didn’t have the energy to do the simplest tasks. I’d like to make sure I’m caught up on all the postcards I haven’t mailed, so If I owe anyone a postcard please send me a message.

It feel good to be back and ready to send postcards once again!

60 Likes

Welcome back!!! :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Welcome back ! Enjoy postcrossing again !

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

Welcome back! May happiness be with you again.

2 Likes

Hey, Meg,
I have been there for the same reason and been absent for over 3 years. I even failed to register 1-2 cards I received when I couldn’t do it anymore, which fully expired since then. (I reached out to the senders and sent them a message with an explanation and that I sadly can’t register them anymore).
It’s only been since November, now, that I am back to Postcrossing as well, as I am now in a way better place (physically and mentally).
From a familiar soul, best wishes and stay strong <3

13 Likes

I hear you! I know what it’s like to have a brief thought of something that once seemed interesting or enjoyable quickly quashed by “Forget it! Why bother?”

Great that you’re in a better place these days!

3 Likes

Welcome back. I can relate to that dark storm that can take over our lives. Happy you are back!

2 Likes

I don’t know you, but a friendly “welcome back” from me as well. I started postcrossing to overcome my inability to empty my mailbox because there only used to be letters in there I didn’t want to or wasn’t able to deal with. All the best to you.

7 Likes

Best wishes Mark xx

2 Likes

Hey i know problems like that. Welcome back. You did the first stap getting your live back.

2 Likes

Congratulations for your success against depression. I know what it is… Welcome back to the nice things in the life !

4 Likes

Welcome back and be well :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

I’m happy that you are back . I am also glad that you took the time that you needed, even if it may have not been by choice. Depression is a dark place, a black dog that follows us when we don’t want it to. It leaves us breathless, with no energy. It is not about weakness, but it is about us being vulnerable as human beings. Those of us who do not know the feeling can count themselves lucky.

5 Likes