If address i pull has no profile....?

hi, i’m still new and the user i received did not fill out a profile. do i just wing it and hope for the best? is this common? thanks

Not common for me…

It’s not a big deal. You still pick a card you like, write a friendly message on it, and send it to them.

I like reading a thoughtful, expressive profile and feeling a connection to the person and having that to guide my card selection. It’s enjoyable but not necessary.

12 Likes

thank you :slight_smile:

People don’t fill out the profile for all kinds of reasons - sometimes it might be a language issue or they don’t know what to write or for privacy reasons etc. Participating in Postcrossing means different things to different people.

I got a family I know signed up and one of the parents was shocked when they got a Hurray message & a thank you - they weren’t interested in engaging online at all, other than to get addresses.

Getting a member with no profile or not much of one gives you the freedom to send the cards you’d like to receive.

5 Likes

Some people have thousands of sent/received and no written profile, they just want it that way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I moved this topic to the help section for others to find it more easily.

If you draw an address you have to write the card, no matter how many information is missing in the profile.

1 Like

yes i sent the card last night. i was just a bit confused is all.

4 Likes

throw caution to the wind.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.