ID Number PRESENTATION?

How do YOU put the postcard I.D. Number on your postcards?

I’m curious how creative some Postcrossers are!

I often use stickers or a rubber stamp for it, so it really stands out! Sometimes I draw a box or just use a different colour to write it.

(Sorry I messed with the bottom rubber stamp, I hardly ever use it for that reason)

3 Likes

I used to type out the address of the person receiving my card. Directly above then name, I would type in the Postcard ID in Bold Face. They I cut the address, stick it on the card and away it goes.

1 Like

I write it on the bottom of the card and next to stamps, both in the left side of the card. Sometimes I use coloured pen to highlight it.

2 Likes

I created an ID label (using file folder label size) where I can fill in the ID, the date, the temp, and the weather. I place this across the short length as shown, and also write the ID a second time at the bottom (as shown):

7 Likes

Sometimes I write it with a little illustration.

38 Likes

That is so cute!

2 Likes

I just write it I am afraid, although I like the idea of illustrating it somehow. I like to send vintage postcards and many are very small, there is not a lot of room to do something special. And UK stamps are huge & ugly now, they take up a lot more space than before so I find myself squeezing the address and message into a smaller area.

3 Likes

I often use ID stickers by Papersisters or just write the code by hand.

3 Likes

This is how I usually write the ID - with a red (or green) box around it and in two different places. Sometimes I also draw a little streamer-type thing around it, but only if I have enough space.

4 Likes