I sent my first ever WPD postcard!

I had all of my travelling spots taken yesterday so I got a bit upset that I wouldn’t be able to participate in WPD 2021. But guess what! One of the postcards I had sent got received today! So I got a free spot for WPD!

40 Likes

Me too - so pleased!
I’ve downloaded an address, when do I get the WPD icon by my name - do i need to wait until the postcard is registered? I’ve pulled a russian address, so this could take a while if so…

7 Likes

Me too! A friend reminded me about WPD yesterday after I had just sent two cards, which used up all my slots, but then one was registered overnight, yay!

7 Likes

Yes, as soon as the card gets registered the badge would appear on your profile, at least that’s what a friend told me.

4 Likes

Yes, as soon as the sent card gets registered the icon should show up:D this is my first year too and it’s somehow very exciting!

5 Likes

Similar wit me - gonna send my first WPD card in a few minutes … :grinning:

5 Likes

Update: I sent 2 more postcards via Postcrossing and 1 more swap with a friend on WPD!

3 Likes

That’s awesome! I’d been saving up slots for a few weeks because I wanted to be able to send at least one. I had 4 but was really hoping the other 3 might clear before then. They didn’t, but I got the best surprise ever on my fourth random address- it was a friend from the forum! :heart:

6 Likes

I love it when the universe aligns itself just right! Magic! :sparkles:

6 Likes

I just got a message on the main website that sending is disabled :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Sadly, we’re taking a little break to try to keep up with the load… It’s been intense around here today :sweat_smile: but hopefully we’ll be right back!

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking of you & Paulo since last night (North American time) knowing you both would trying to make sure everything keeps working when thousands of Postcrossers go to send cards!

Big thanks & hugs for you both! Thanks for all that you do, especially today! :purple_heart: :star: :fire: :rainbow: :zap: :tada:

6 Likes

My first WPD also! I saved some slots so I’ve sent 5 official cards, as well as 7 to friends and family. I hope they all are delivered promptly!

4 Likes

i prepared 8 cards for Postcrossing and the rest are direct swaps :smiley: i’m actually really busy at the moment but i couldn’t help to prepare some last night.

7 Likes

I was so excited and in a rush to bring my three pstcards to the mailbox in time, so I forgot to take a picture :wink: I did send 2 official wpd cards and one with a panda

3 Likes

xD I was in the same boat but then two of mine got registered one after the other almost. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That Sherlock Holmes card is really cool.
I’m sure people will be glad about your postcards. :slight_smile:

Ah, it was the last of a set of Sherlock cards I had picked up in London a few years ago. Thanks for the comment; I’m hoping people are happy, too!

2 Likes

Me toooo!!

My computer was slow so, instead of click once for getting 1 address… I clicked twice XD So, I sent 2 Postcrossing and 2 “to-friends” WPD postcards. I’m excited.

3 Likes

I sent 3 WPD postcards this year
My 1st postcard got registered yesterday !

2 Likes