I need help from Los Angeles residents

Hello,
I know this might be a long shot but do any Los Angeles residents know of shops where I can get postcards? I know there are on-line stores but I’d rather get them in person if I can. I am looking for stores in the circled areas:

If not, please give me on-line store suggestions :blush:

Thanks in advance,
Angie

2 Likes

Check CVS drugstores. The racks may be hidden, but they tend to be in the front of the store. That’s where I usually get my ‘touristy’ cards. If you’re going to be in Long Beach like your circled on the map, you can try the Downtown waterfront by the aquarium. I haven’t been in a long time but it’s pretty touristy.

3 Likes

If you’re looking also for non-touristy cards, Aquarium in Long Beach had nice postcards. You can also check museum stores and bookstores (Barnes and Noble has postcard boxes).

3 Likes

Look in WalMart and markets like Vons or Stater Bro. Look in the little Main Streets of all those towns. Loma Linda Univ. next to Colton has a bookstore.

Check the Queen Mary . There are free tickets to tour there now.

2 Likes

The university bookstores will have a few designs too. Any of the museums. The Point Fermin lighthouse shop. But for tourist cards @pcronn is right CVS has a few. At my location they are in the back near the stationery and they’re 50c.

3 Likes

I live in the circled area and run my own online postcard store. feel free to check them out :slight_smile: prismaticquest.com

But as for buying postcards in shops, I like to go to Long Beach Shoreline Village

3 Likes

Hi Angie,
There is a used bookstore in Long Beach called Once Read Books. They have many random postcards for sale. Some vintage, some modern. Check it out. I love vintage paper and I find a lot of interesting things there. Pamela.

2 Likes

Some of the local RiteAids carry postcards. I shop at the one on Aviation x Artesia (which is just outside your circle). They have a very nice selection of Beach Cities tourist cards, among others.

1 Like

I’m from NorCal but let me tell that you should always call any place you want to try and ask if they carry postcards. Some places in LA have postcards for real cheap (probably downtown areas or where tons of tourists hang out).

Always try the museums, bookstores, drugstores, even liquor shops. If you want to order postcards online from LA based places, shoot me a message and I’ll share a few links that I have come across. :smiley:

1 Like